Four day work week a good idea?

Options
2»

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    it's almost as good of an idea as a 3 day work week.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    My "schedule" is a 4 day work week. It rarely happens.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    When I worked in local government in NSW Australia...We worked a 35hr week/9 day fortnight, not quite a four day week, but the rostered day off was wonderful.

Currently working a 36.75hr week without an RDO much to my disappointment, but we do have the ability to purchase up to ten days annual leave per year. I use these for ad hoc days off. I save my standard four weeks annual leave to have in blocks and go away.

Four day work week...more than happy to do it...
    This sounds very civilized indeed!
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    4 10 hour days is even less productive than 5 8 hour days which is less productive than 6 7 hour days.

The research is pretty clear that productivity declines over time in a given period.

The increased efficiency gained by having an extra day off almost certainly does not negate the reduced efficiency of working 10 hours with a 1 hour lunch.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    4 10 hour days is even less productive than 5 8 hour days which is less productive than 6 7 hour days.

The research is pretty clear that productivity declines over time in a given period.

The increased efficiency gained by having an extra day off almost certainly does not negate the reduced efficiency of working 10 hours with a 1 hour lunch.

My experince does not show this to be true in all cases. I think some of the productivity depends on what type of work is being performed.