5'5, 153 pounds, 2 yr old female

Hey I am 5'5 and 23 years old. I currently weigh about 153 and it seems like that number doesn't want to go anywhere. I do watch what I eat but I'm also that person who cant/doesn't want to stick to a super strict diet. I do like to workout, a good mix of cardio and weights but I'm a nurse and I work 5 days a week sometimes u til 630 or 7 so I'm tired by that point. I weighed about 125 about 3 1/2 yrs ago before starting birth control, which my GYN doesnt think is the problem, all hormones are fine. But I would be happy at 125 lbs sinice I don't have a little frame.
I was just wondering if anyone had some good eating tips or exercise tips that would help me shed this. It seems like if I'm watching what I eat I just maintain. If I fall off the wagon I just gain, gain, gain.
I also have a lot of stomach issues, IBS of course, the one thing that u basically can't do too much for :( so I have a lot of bloating and constipation which doesn't help. Any advise would be awesome!

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    What do you mean by "watch" what you eat? Are you counting calories? If you're not losing, then you must be eating too much.
  • hmroebuck
    hmroebuck Posts: 64 Member
    To lose weight, you don't have to be on a strict diet food choice wise, but nothing changes the rule of calories in must be <calories out. You have to eat less than you burn. If you are not willing to be strict tracking calorie wise, you won't be successful.