Please clarify?

Options
What am I doing wrong? I usually eat between 1400-1600 calories on a daily basis and i never eat my exercise calories. I exercies 6 days of week of 45 minutes of cardio and just started weight training on friday and have done that for the last 3 days with the cardio and the scale is not moving!!! What is the problem? I have been exercising 6 days a week for 3 weeks and have been watching my calories like 10 days. Maybe my expectations are too high? but I would like to at least see a small change. Please help!!!

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    COuld be what your eat how often and what types of foods. What your drinking ect. or the Intensity of your workouts and PS DOing just Cardio will not do it. YOU need to think about circuit training 3 days and doing cardio every other day
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I would try measuring instead of weighing :)
  • saychzzz
    saychzzz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Be sure to drink plenty of water, watch the sodium, and hang in there. Sometimes it just takes a while for your body to react. How about your clothes? Are they feeling looser?
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not public, so MFP members can't see your food intake, and make a comment. If you have a lot of exercises calories left and you don't eat same of it, your body will hold to every morsel that you put in your mouth.

Are you loosing inches, instead of lbs, are you eating foods loaded with sodium or too much sugar or fat? It is important to keep our calories under control, but it is more important to eat the right kind of foods, the healthy ones.
  • dcturcotte
    Options
    I would try measuring instead of weighing :)

Good post. It's not all about the number on the scale.
  • anghahnmowry
    Options
    I just looked back on the sodium intake, which has been in the green. I only had one day that my sodium was higher than the daily average. I drink all water products with zero calorie products. Maybe thats were I'm confused and that if all of my numbers are in the green, I should be losing weight, right?
  • chrisp081969
    chrisp081969 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You could be not eating enough. Not eating your exercise calories is like starving your body the nutrients you need. And I like what others have said. mix up your workouts to include circuit training, strength training and cardio. Biggest Loser have some great work out DVD's and don't watch the scale....it's all about inches and how you feel!! Hope that helps :0)
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough. You should eat a few of your exercise calories. How many calories are you burning per day for each workout?
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    What do you mean drink zero cal products? I would stick with water only, I wasn't losing until I upped my water to 10-14 glasses a day.

You could be putting on lean muscle along with losing fat which is causing a no loss scenario.

It takes a while to get your body used to the idea of exercising and losing weight... I didn't start really losing until weeks 8-10.

i agree with PPs, measure yourself weekly as well.
  • anghahnmowry
    Options
    I'm burning approx. 500 calories per cardio workout!!! Trust me, I'm not starving myself. I'm eating till I'm full. Maybe I'm just expecting too much. I definitely feel better and have more energy since working out!! I'm not going to stop watching my calorie intake or my workout, I'm just wondering when I'll see the number getting smaller!! Thanks for all your support!!!