C25K

fullagrace
fullagrace Posts: 75
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
So I completed Week 2 last week and I attempted Week 3 Day 1 yesterday and I couldn't make it through either of the 3 minute runs.

I have never been able to run for long periods. I have asthma and I have never been super active.

Any suggestions on what might help me?

My plan is to keep attempting Week 3 Day 1 until I can complete it instead of repeating week 2.

Replies

• lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Do 2 minute runs for both. When you can complete that do 2.5 minute runs for both and then move on to 3 minute runs.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Keep at it until you can do it! I repeated week 5 twice. You'll get there!!!
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Slow down, maybe? and keep repeating until you can move forward!
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    yeah! stick with week 2 a little longer maybe, or add 30 seconds to each run gradually. You WILL get through it, and once you get through it that first time things get easier. I did c25K twice through this year, the second time was much more successful and now I can run for 30-40 mins with no walks! sometimes you have to just push through or back off, depending on how your body feels..
  • OMG so I tried again tonight but this time at the gym on the treadmill and

I DID IT!!!

I did the first two runs at only 5mph, and the 3rd run at 5.3 and the last (3min) run at 5.5!!!!!!!

Its so much easier to run on a treadmill even with the 1% incline.

I think when I run outside I ru too fast and the cold air is also worse for my asthma.

I am so proud of myself!!! Looks like I'll be running on the treadmill mostly for now!!!

Thanks for all of the advice!!!
This discussion has been closed.