Thanksgiving treat?

Options
My work usually has a big potluck and they provide the turkey & stuffing and we bring desserts & sides, however this year its optional and they said we can bring a thanksgiving treat to share in the breakroom if we would like. There will be no turkey or anything like usual. Im thinking there will be a lot of pies. Any suggestions? I cant spend a lot, but dont want the breakroom to be just sweets. Theres always a fruit or veggie plate that would be yummy. We have a small office.

Replies

• masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Blackbean brownies, surprisedly good and good for you. Just get you favorite brownie mix dump in a can of black beans, juice and all, and cook.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    you could make a healthified fruit or veggie pizza although it may not be the most inexpensive thing. Especially the fruit since most is not in season. There's always low fat Knorr's spinach dip with some wheat thins.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    Options
    you could make a healthified fruit or veggie pizza although it may not be the most inexpensive thing. Especially the fruit since most is not in season. There's always low fat Knorr's spinach dip with some wheat thins.

mmm, I love spinach dip!
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    The whole idea of a treat is well... its a treat LOL. How do you think veggies or spinach dip will compete with pies, cakes, and cookies?

Try these from Biggest Loser : http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/exclusives/nutrition/curtis-stone-recipes/vanilla-cupcakes/

You can easily skip the 'organic' for regular to keep cost down. And think of the surprise when you tell everyone how 'harmless' they really are?

L
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    The whole idea of a treat is well... its a treat LOL. How do you think veggies or spinach dip will compete with pies, cakes, and cookies?

Try these from Biggest Loser : http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/exclusives/nutrition/curtis-stone-recipes/vanilla-cupcakes/

You can easily skip the 'organic' for regular to keep cost down. And think of the surprise when you tell everyone how 'harmless' they really are?

L

Even so, a little diversity never hurt. Plus, if you have a table full of sweets, nobody gets a fair chance to eat something healthy.