Fishing

Options

Replies

• PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Catch and release crappie fishing with a Fin-S shad lure is one of the greatest pleasures in life. I've had some of the best times ever on Clearlake CA...like busting 70-100 per night. It's one of the times I'm happiest. Bass fishing with artificial lures (swimbaits, sweet beavers, wacky-rigged dropshot senkos) comes in a very close second. Love when a fatty pulls drag (wow, euphemisms galore).
  • FlashMorehouse
    FlashMorehouse Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like to go fishing.
    One time I caught a stick.
    I don't like eating sticks.
    HOW MANY CALORIES IS A STICK. HURRRRR

Sticks are calorie free so eat as many as you need.
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Love to fish walleye! That is also my favorite to eat. Perch comes in a close second as far as taste.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    I do not like fishing.

Fishing would rate at about choice 10,000 of chosen activities for me. :smile:
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Love fishing.

My farm has about 25 acres of old strip mines (coal) and as a result of this, has four 30-40 feet deep finger lakes loaded with large mouth bass, crappie, spotted bass, and a variety of pan fish. We are thinking about stocking one with trout this winter too. The water is crystal clear and you can see into it about 15 feet.

We have had catfish in them before, but the otters tear them up when they come up from the creeks.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    And fish are not our friends, they are food.

+1
  • WhatAnAss
    WhatAnAss Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Look at all you master baiters!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I fish! Mostly bass but also enjoy northern pike and walleye. Our family has a place on Black Lake, NY which is known for the bass fishing
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I enjoy fishing if it doesn't take too long of a wait for a catch. I don't get why some people don't eat what they catch though, it's amazing fresh with amazing taste with the feeling of proudness :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love fishing!!

I live near the Chesapeake Bay and I go fishing for seabass, trout, croaker,spot and Rockfish better known as striped bass.

I rarely keep the fish but I give them away to my cousins and mom.
  • lazydanthaman
    lazydanthaman Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Look at all you master baiters!

tinyfeyfive.gif
  • FlashMorehouse
    Options
    I love fishing!!

I live near the Chesapeake Bay and I go fishing for seabass, trout, croaker,spot and Rockfish better known as striped bass.

I rarely keep the fish but I give them away to my cousins and mom.

If I end up in Maryland for training late winter into early spring like the current plan is know that I will be looking you up!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I keep fishing gear in my trunk at all times. I'm ready to fish at a moment's notice.

In my state, the only really fun freshwater fish is catfish. They put up a nice fight and they can get fairly large, and they're in rivers and lakes. We don't even have walleye or anything remotely interesting unless you go to the beach. Ocean fishing rules, but I live too far away to make that a reality very often.

I throw back what I catch unless it's big enough to be worth the trouble of cleaning. I use mostly use octopus or circle hooks which boost the chances of the fish getting hooked in the corner of the lip instead of swallowing the hook...much more humane for catch and release.
  • BruinsLeafs718
    Options
    In defiance of all the stupid person above you threads:

Who likes to go fishing?
    What is your favorite fish to catch?
    Do you like eating what you catch?

Fishing is one of my favorite outdoor activities (especially if I am on the kayak).
    My favorite fish to catch is all of them.
    And I only like eating the good ones.

love fishing,
    pike and bass are pretty much all i fish for
    love eating them!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

Who likes to go fishing?

Fishing is one of my favorite outdoor activities (especially if I am on the kayak).

Fish all the time with my baby and sons. It's a biweekly thing if not weekly
    Salmon because it's my favorite to eat. I like crabbing too.
    Yes, I love stocking my freezer with our catches and having the ability to provide goodwholesome food for my family
  • FlashMorehouse
    Options

Who likes to go fishing?

Fish all the time with my baby and sons. It's a biweekly thing if not weekly
    Salmon because it's my favorite to eat. I like crabbing too.
    Yes, I love stocking my freezer with our catches and having the ability to provide goodwholesome food for my family

My current plan is to drop my pot off Shilshole Friday night before I go to work, come back in the morning about 5 or so and see if I can pick up a King for the wife's birthday dinner. Dungeness and King would be a complete win for me.

Do you ever fish the Tulalip Bubble? I want to try it in my kayak for kings with jigs or mooching.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I don't get to go near as often as I would like. The Larro Ranchero is just over a mile from a public boat ramp on the Chipola River. While I am in the garden working I see a steam of trucks with boats behind on the way to the river.

After nearly ten years of being dry, my little 5 acre pond is holding water again. My retired cousin, {who has time to fish} is stocking it this summer. So far he has put red breast bream, shell cracker, warmouth, channel cat, speckled cat and large mouth in there.

We also have several small man made fish ponds on our river land. The river flooded in the spring, so whatever is in them is what the river left us.

One day soon I'm going to get my sister to take me and my canoe up the river on her way to work. I'll fish on the trip down, stopping to cook what I catch on Ring Jaw Island. In the river you catch mostly bream, but there is channel cat and large mouth as well. Some of the best bait on the river is larva from the big wasp nest you see in trees. Just take a paper bag, set it on fire and burn the wasp's wings off so they fall in the river. Then you tear down the nest and use the larva for bait.
  • Hammybone
    Hammybone Posts: 36 Member
    Options

Who likes to go fishing?

I love fishing.
    Red and silver salmon. Halibut and cod are also fun.
    I rarely eat fish. I give it all away to my friends/family/neighbors.
  • FlashMorehouse
    Options

Who likes to go fishing?

I love fishing.
    Red and silver salmon. Halibut and cod are also fun.
    I rarely eat fish. I give it all away to my friends/family/neighbors.

Hammybone, I'm guessing Alaska becuase you referred to Reds instead of Sockeye. My retirement goal is to move to Kodiak and only leave to find a different place to occasionally hunt and fish.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I enjoy fishing. Bf just purchased a nice little rowboat that we will now use to get to those hard to reach places on the lake.

I do eat what I catch, or I just have fun cutting the little fish into fillets and feeding them to the cat. It really depends on what is caught.