Pedometor

aneajo
aneajo Posts: 287 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Where did you get yours and how do you wear it? I have had many different ones over the years and have never gotten them to work right. They don't count my steps or they count everytime they jiggle. I would like to have a good one that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    mine is an app in my iphone. I put it in my pocket and it works beautifully!
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    I have this Omeron one, and it works really well
    http://www.rei.com/product/807756

I like the fact that it has a lanyard that I can hook to my belt loop (I don't like the clips, I keep losing the pedometers), and the pedometer fits into the coin pocket of my jeans. It resets itself each night, and saves your info for the past week. It works well no matter how it is oriented in your pocket.
  • I have never found one that i actually trust to work... even the bodybugg i wear has one on it but i don't pay close enough attention to the steps to know it isn't just calculating random arm movements as steps. Sooo... i went looking for one I wear on my shoe. I found one that i love. I believe he is still selling them, but couldn't guarantee it. It also tracks the life of your shoes. http://shoeodometer.com/
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-112-Digital-Pocket-Pedometer/dp/B0000U1OCI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1290455399&sr=8-1

* Unique dual sensor technology means the pedometer can be carried in your pocket or bag
    * Accurately measures your steps, as well as aerobic steps and minutes
    * Also measures calorie consumption during your workout, as well as the distance you've traveled
    * Easy-to-read LCD display
    * Comes with a detachable belt holder and security strap

is the one i have.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Mine is an Omron walking style pedometer & I got it at walmart. It clips to the waistband or pocket of my jeans. It records miles, steps & calories burned. It also has a clip attached to it that you can hook to your belt loop, so if it comes off it will only swing & you won't lose it. I am very happy with it, except for how quickly it goes through batteries because there is no off button.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    mine was on my old cell phone... until my husband put it through the washer....
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    mine was on my old cell phone... until my husband put it through the washer....

SEEE what happens when a man does laundry??!!! :grumble: :wink:
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Omron, all the way!! I've had mine for years (that's why I am not trying to find the model number as they have undoubtedly updated them). Very reliable, came with a leash and I can clip it on my pocket and it works great. I never could keep one on my waistband, so that was an important feature.

They are much improved over the first ones that came out.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    I have this Omeron one, and it works really well
    http://www.rei.com/product/807756

I like the fact that it has a lanyard that I can hook to my belt loop (I don't like the clips, I keep losing the pedometers), and the pedometer fits into the coin pocket of my jeans. It resets itself each night, and saves your info for the past week. It works well no matter how it is oriented in your pocket.

I have the same one and i really like it. I plug it into the usb on my computer and it automatically uploads my steps into the database for longterm tracking. we are using walking spree website at work for a contest of who can get the most steps.

my big dislike about this pedometer is that it only counts your steps if you take more than 10 consecutive steps (or walk more than 4 seconds) so when I'm cooking dinner, none of those steps count. i organized my kitchen ALL day on Saturday and my steps for most of the day did not get counted...
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    I think the Omeron that plugs into your computer is the $60 one on the REI site. If that feature is important to you, read the product description carefully when ordering.
This discussion has been closed.