O. M. G.

Options
I just saw a commercial for three new flavors of Light Laughing Cow: Mozzarella (eh.) Chipotle :happy: (Oh wow) and Blue Cheese :love: (OMFG)

Input from anyone who has had these? I am especially curious about the blue cheese. I LOVE blue cheese, the stinkier and stronger the better. Laughing Cow Swiss is very mild in flavor compared to actual swiss cheese, I'm wondering if it will be the same for the blue....

Anyone?

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    yummyyyy new flavors!!! I have been waiting for this!
  • Gershwyn
    Options
    Pretty much. The little Laughing Cow cubes are awesome. Onion flavour!
  • angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Blue Cheese!!! I have to try this. :love:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I have the chipotle flavor, and it is pretty good.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    Blue Cheese :love: (OMFG)

LOL! Too funny @ OMFG!

Love Laughing Cow...can't wait to hear from a taste-tester as well.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I have them in my fridge, but have yet to try them...
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,015 Member
    Options
    I havent tried any of the laughing cow but I am constantly hearing about them. I have to try some. And the new flavors sound yummy
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Taste testing AS I TYPE!!
    Bought it, but hadn't had a chance to taste it. NOT BAD AT ALL!! It is a bit mild, and the texture is very creamy. I'd vote a pretty good substition....
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I just now tried out the New Light Mozzarella Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil... mmmm very good on an 'Everything Bagel'!!:drinker:

Love this one!:love:
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Laughing Cow. Are they good? What about calories?
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Laughing Cow. Are they good? What about calories?

Pretty good sub, but like 'healthy' said- the flavors are a bit mild....only 35 cals per section (they are in a round cut into pie shapes). I love cheese. This works for me usually. I like it with: thin pretzel 'chips' or grapes or apple slices. YUMMY!
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    The Blue Cheese is VERY mild compared to regular Blue Cheese. I like to melt it on a vegi burger. Its pretty yummy and has just enough flavor to satisfy me.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I've been taking the blue cheese flavor and spreading it into celery sticks. Yum! Swiss works well for this too. I've also used the blue cheese one as a "flavoring" for a grilled beef tenderloin, just take a small bit with each bite. Also good!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I've tried them all & love them =) I am a big cheesehead though.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,717 Member
    Options
    I just saw a commercial for three new flavors of Light Laughing Cow: Mozzarella (eh.) Chipotle :happy: (Oh wow) and Blue Cheese :love: (OMFG)

Input from anyone who has had these? I am especially curious about the blue cheese. I LOVE blue cheese, the stinkier and stronger the better. Laughing Cow Swiss is very mild in flavor compared to actual swiss cheese, I'm wondering if it will be the same for the blue....

Anyone?
    I don't know about Laughing Cow, but if you like stinky, strong blue cheese (I know I do), you should try the Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Creamy Yogurt dressing. My brother didn't like it because it was too strong. Wuss! I just checked their website and see they now have a Chunky Blue Cheese Vinaigrette. I am on a mission!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Anyone?
    I don't know about Laughing Cow, but if you like stinky, strong blue cheese (I know I do), you should try the Bolthouse Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Creamy Yogurt dressing. My brother didn't like it because it was too strong. Wuss! I just checked their website and see they now have a Chunky Blue Cheese Vinaigrette. I am on a mission!

calorie count on that? Most blue is deliciously/devilishly HIGH!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options

Anyone?

calorie count on that? Most blue is deliciously/devilishly HIGH!
    I've not tried the dressing flavor above but have tried the same brand in Ranch. I don't know if it simply takes adjusting to it being yogurt based or it's simply not for me but I likely wouldn't purchase it again.

OK, Ok...who am I kidding I tried it out, then another time or two and since then it's been sitting in the door of the fridge:blushing: :tongue:. I thought, oh! Ranch dressing with less cals/fat, 'gotta try this'! But to me it wasn't what I expected at all so a bit nervous to try the blue cheese one now. I do LOVE Chunky Blue Cheese dressing but I'm hesitant now to spend the money on it though, to have it possibly sit in door of my fridge.:blushing:

I normally don't use dressing now as Chunky Blue Cheese as Lucky shared is typically high so if I do use dressing it's the 'fork method' for me.:wink: I don't care for the flavor of the low fat, no fat ones.

Curious myself on the Blue Cheese one so I looked it up, here ya go!:smile:

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/bolthouse-farms/chunky-blue-cheese-creamy-yogurt-dressing
    (this lists other flavors they make as well)

*Farms Chunky Blue Cheese Creamy Yogurt dressing*
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 2 tbsp

Amount Per Serving
    Calories from Fat 40
    Calories 50

% Daily Values*
    Total Fat 4.5g 7%
    Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 10mg 3%
    Sodium 140mg 6%
    Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
    Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 1g

Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 6% Iron 0%
  • HealthyChanges2010
    Options
    Pretty much. The little Laughing Cow cubes are awesome. Onion flavour!
    :drinker: I'm with you on the Onion definitely!:love:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,717 Member
    Options
    I've not tried the dressing flavor above but have tried the same brand in Ranch. I don't know if it simply takes adjusting to it being yogurt based or it's simply not for me but I likely wouldn't purchase it again.
    Thanks for posting the nutritional info. I do like their Ranch dressing, so I can't say whether I think someone who doesn't would like their Chunky Blue Cheese. My favorite of all their dressings is the Caesar Parmesan. It's a little higher in calories (80) and fat (6.5 g) per serving (2 tablespoons), but I use only half a tablespoon at a time, so I don't feel like it's too guilty of a pleasure. :smile:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love the Bolthouse Dressings... my fav is Ceasar Parmigiano! I'm not a Ranch person though. The Honey Mustard has kick to it.