starting to 'crave' certain foods... need advice

Options
Hi, I am with a nutritionist once a month---just started 2 weeks ago due to medical issue. After 13 days of a low daily calorie intake, my mind is starting to question eating more food than I am eating. I am doing very good with the guidelines that I am to follow. I certainly do not want to fail at this. If anyone has any suggestions to walk away from food please let me know. I am drinking water instead of eating or going to bed--staying far away from my kitchen.

Replies

• Nathanmmx
    Nathanmmx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I reward myself once a week or so with a big delicious dinner so it's not total deprivation and on other days, along with drinking plenty of water I chew gum.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself." - Oscar Wilde

Give in to it, but in moderation. Don't go overboard. Dieting isn't about deprivation. It's about relearning how to eat correctly.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Are the items you are 'craving' restricted for medical reasons or because your nutritionist has not fitted them into your diet plan?

If there are medical reasons for abstinence then clearly it's best to try and avoid them.

However, if it's a result of your diet plan then perhaps it's not the best diet plan for you. There is no reason to cut out any food, just fit it into your calorie goal.

If your calorie goal has no room for the foods you like then perhaps your calorie goal is too low.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Clear this with your nutritionist first if you want to try it, but unsweetened black tea, green tea, and coffee sipped throughout the day helps me, as well as eating less often but larger meals as late in the day as I can put them off until. I also stuff my belly with a lot of high fiber foods. Your results may vary.
  • Anniebotnen
    Anniebotnen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Have you discussed this with your nutritionist? Perhaps he/she can tweak your diet to avoid this by upping the calories a little bit? If not, a strategy that has worked for me is to go for a walk. By the time I finish, any cravings are usually gone.