Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Okay, what gives?

2»

Replies

• filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    What's the weight you felt most comfortable at? When did you *feel* your best?
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    I did finally ask my doctor. I am also 5'8" and currently 164. I was aiming for 150 but she said that may be too low. I am older than you and you may have a smaller frame than I do, but I would say it never hurts to ask a doc.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Felt my best/healthiest... at the end of my pregnancy. That was 4 1/2 years ago and I and came in at 191 pounds the day Juliet was born.

My biggest but also the healthiest I've ever been.

It's been SO long since I was down around 135-140, probably 6 or 7 years. I know my body type has changed a bit since having a baby so I'm not sure if that is realistic.

Haven't been to the doctor FOREVER... maybe I should make an appointment. ;)
  • Hi aherte10214,
    Have you ever had your thyroid checked? I have a friend who said the same thing, and after a blood test the doctor said it was her thyroid problem keeping her from loosing weight. Just a thought.
    Shirley AKA memeburke
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    It's ok Adrianne.
    No worries =)
  • devines
    devines Posts: 5
    I feel your pain....I'm doing that up/down thing and it's driving me crazy! When I first started this I lost like 7 pounds in two weeks, now I'm down two pounds one day and up two the next. I don't know what I'm doing wrong! It's soooooo frustrating, makes me want to just throw up my hands and quit trying. But I'm not, I'm determined to lose this excess 60 lbs. that I'm carrying around. Hang in there! We can do it!!!
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Does that apple cider vinegar trick really work???

I would like to know if this really works also??
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    The only people that should be losing 5-7 pounds or more per week are those that are VERY, VERY, VERY overweight...............

The less weight you have to lose, the slower it comes off...............

That is being healthy for the body.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Alright, first thing, this thread was from like 2 years ago, so I wouldn't expect a response from the 1st page people on anything we say.

Second, why the H**L do people keep saying that they want to throw their hands up and quit??? Quit what, being healthy, trying to better yourself, making sure you are around longer for yourself, your family, your friends?

If you are not losing pounds, who cares? If you are eating right, exercising, making the right decisions and learning about what is good for you and what is not, then be happy with it. I'm sorry to sound mean but really, what is there to quit?
  • firepixie
    firepixie Posts: 65
    Hi, check out the shocking your system thread. They are talking about calorie cycling, meaning not eating the same amount calories each day. It works, Jillian talked about it a couple seasons ago on biggest loser. So one day eat 1500, eat 1200 the next, then 1800 the next for example. I think it is just like activity. If you do the same amount of work at the same intensity every workout, you stop seeing the benefits. Not an expert, but give it a try. Also try boosting your intensity when you work out. If you walk for exercise walk at your normal pace for 1 min, then walk as fast as you can for the next and alternate back and forth.
  • I seem to be having some of these problems to. my main problem is i have been dieting for 5 months now and only ost 26 lbs. i excercise everyday and eat about 1000 calories a day only water to drink. I am only losing an average of 1 to 2 pounds a week if I'm lucky, sometimes nothing. Is there something I should be doing that I'm not already to lose weight faster?
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    1-2 pounds per week is a good rate, but it sounds as if you're eating very little. Your body may be in starvation mode and hanging on to every calorie like grim death. Sometimes it helps to eat a bit more, or mixing it up.
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    don't worry about your weight.
    Are you a comfortable size? are you healthy, strong, flexible? add more weights, less cardio. eat more food on the weekends...go right up to maintanence cals and then beyond a bit if you'd like. You have to mix things up and eat normally. your body will trust you, and drop the weight.

Cindy
  • pcbta
    pcbta Posts: 227
    one more thing...
    There are 2 types of famine mode...
    Quantity....which we hear a lot about on here...and
    Quality. if you're not eating high quality foods, your body goes into panic mode just like when it's not getting enough food.

something for us all to think about...

Cindy:heart:
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Alright, first thing, this thread was from like 2 years ago, so I wouldn't expect a response from the 1st page people on anything we say.

Second, why the H**L do people keep saying that they want to throw their hands up and quit??? Quit what, being healthy, trying to better yourself, making sure you are around longer for yourself, your family, your friends?

If you are not losing pounds, who cares? If you are eating right, exercising, making the right decisions and learning about what is good for you and what is not, then be happy with it. I'm sorry to sound mean but really, what is there to quit?

I'm still here...

Have a wonderful day ya'll.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsprazak05
    mrsprazak05 Posts: 109
    I seem to be having some of these problems to. my main problem is i have been dieting for 5 months now and only ost 26 lbs. i excercise everyday and eat about 1000 calories a day only water to drink. I am only losing an average of 1 to 2 pounds a week if I'm lucky, sometimes nothing. Is there something I should be doing that I'm not already to lose weight faster?

From what I've researched...you may be eating TOO FEW calories. Jillian Michaels says you should NEVER go below 1200 calories...as your body then kicks into starvation mode...and starts storing fat. So..I would maybe try upping your caloric intake..and maybe try switching up your exercise...and adding in some strength training if you haven't already. it's good to build muscle...it helps build your metabolism...and in turn, burn fat.
This discussion has been closed.