help please

talzybob
talzybob Posts: 80
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
As with many other people i have problems with loosing stomach fat. I am loosing the stomach fat around my waist and that area is starting to firm up nicely but im having problems with the lower part of my stomach underneath my belly button. What exercises would be best for targeting this area apart from cardio exercise to burn the calories. Ive tried reverse crunches as well but im not really having much luck.,, also i have problems finding a way to get rid of my double chin. I have severe neck trauma from when i was younger and the results left me with limited motion in my neck, so does anyone have any suggestions to help trim my neck down without making the problem worse. These are my two trouble area's, everything else i am doing well on and it is noticable that changes are happening.
thanks for you help :smile:

Replies

• I am all about the plank ab exercises; they are hard when you first start but once they become easy, there are modifications that you add that make you feel like you're starting all over. They are fantastic to work your whole core area. plenty of cardio never hurts either. Not sure about the neck issue, but I would look into some yoga exercises.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    I second what untamed heart says...also try some pilates exercises. Those concentrate on the core. The other thing to look hard at is the diet. Typically when you see the "six packs" it's on people who eat extremely clean.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    As your weight comes down it will come off of those spots . . . unfortunately each persons "problem" area is where it comes off last! Keep it up and you will see results.

As for the stomach "pooch" there are 2 moves I do (learned them from Jillian's 30 day shred).
    #1 - lie on your back, arms straight at your sides, palms down to stabalize you. Lift your legs straight up and bend at the knees so that your knee to foot is parralel to the floor. "Roll" and lift your legs and point your toes to the ceiling, rolling your bum off the floor. Inhale on the way down, exhale on the way up. Do a few sets of 8.
    #2 - bike crunch - get into a crunch position, fingers behind your ears and NOT your neck, lift your legs up like the #1 exercise, alternate your left elbow to your right knee, then your right elbow to left knee. Go back to the starting position in between each one.

I do these every 2nd day to firm up my lower stomack and have seen results in the few months I've been doing them.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Two more for you for the very low ab area... (given to me by a physical therapist for low back issues)

1. Find something about waist high you can lean on (I use my deck rail). Back up your feet about 4 feet away and about 2 feet apart. While leaning your elbows on the rail, do a "cat arch" where you arch your back as high as you can...WITHOUT tightening your bum. Use your lower ab muscles (suck in the upper stomach) and curl your pelvis until you can feel the pull on the muscles above and below your hip bones in the front. Hold it there for a few seconds and relax (let your belly hang). Do it again. Don't tighten your legs or bum, just your abs.

2. Lay on the bed/couch/floor. Slide your fingers palm down under your waist area, just a bit. Using your low abs and your bum tilt your pelvis back so your lower back pushes your fingers into the bed/couch/floor. Don't push with your legs or feet, just tilt the pelvis. Don't do a curl or sit up. (You may do something similar during sex) Hold the tilt for a few seconds and relax. You should feel it in the low abs below the hips and the bum.
This discussion has been closed.