Need friends who are eating more than 1200-1400 a day!

Options

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to 1850 (my TDEE - 10%). I eat about 1650 M-F and 2000-2500 on weekends so that it all evens out to an average of 1850/day. I also lift, as you can probably tell from my username. I'm on my last 5 lbs right now; looking forward to transitioning into maintenance.

Feel free to add me if you have similar goals.
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've just started over on MFP & I'd like to follow a few people who aren't just eating 1200 calories of string cheese and cereal a day. I use the TDEE method for calculating my calories for weight loss which puts me between 1800 and 2000 a day. Anyone out there losing weight by eating MORE? =)

Hey there! I agree with you and love to be your friend!
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I eat 1900-2100. Feel free to add me :)
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 737.68 kcal diet with liquid nitrogen fused raspberry keytones and mystical cleansing green tea with detoxifying glacier water.

Add me for more shenanigans.
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1810 (more when I exercise)! Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, but what does someone else's diet have to do with you selecting them as part of your circle of friends here?
    I'm eating 1500 cals as an mfp target but exercising so I generally eat around 1600-1800 (which still leaves me below target calories with exercise added). Not sure exactly what TDEE is. My BMR was measured around 1730 cals.

I'm doing a modified, very soft version of Atkins where I simply bias my food choices away from carbohydrates other than leafy greens, and am averaging about 110 g carbohydrate a day. I've been doing this since July 2 and averaging about 2.8 lbs/week, until today when my weight shot up a pound (I did 30% more calories of hiking than usual yesterday, so it may be muscles retaining water from mild over-training).

I understand why it is easier to friend people on similar diets. Since I am mildly carb restricting, it is hard for me to comment on diets where the breakfast is Cheerios, the lunch is a sandwich, and the snacks are yogurt with granola crumbles. To me that looks "all wrong". Typical for me is eggs and bacon, a salad with chicken on it, and a snack of edamame. Then I'll splurge on an obvious carbohydrate, like a hamburger bun or rice, at one meal a day.
    Well.. Your mind start to corrupt doing too much cardio. Life is about having fun together.

I have learned a lot from people on here just as I hope Ive been able to in turn offer helpful suggestions to others, its a give & take in this community, its not a 1 shoe fits all.
    Just because people are on a lower calorie intake than you does not mean we eat any different...we still eat, just in different amounts.
    Im 40 and 4'2 so based on that plus weight MFP has me on a 1200 cal's. would I Like to have more allotted of course but that's most likely how I got to this point of being overweight :ohwell:
    There are no special foods or special formulas for people w/in My calorie range.
    We walk, talk & breath the same as you, we eat the same as you, just in smaller portions.
    I once heard someone say "youre no special than I am, we put our pants on the same way...1 leg at a time!"
    Surely you don't base your friends & family on certain criteria(s), why would you on here...you might learn a thing or 2 from the rest of us...give it a try :flowerforyou:
  • jpikey66
    jpikey66 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on 1600 and i don't get inspired by people eating so little. I'm doing it with normal food but less than I used to. Slow and steady for me. Anyone feel free to add me ????
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set at 1200, but it's adjusted by my BodyMedia band, so I eat between 1400 and 2000 calories a day...plus sometimes I just eat at maintenance because it's a special occasion or I'm at a favorite restaurant or whatever, and then I might eat a couple hundred calories under goal for a couple of days. I'm finding that losing slowly without being overly restrictive makes it easy to maintain my goals. I also eat a very wide variety of food.
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I eat around 2000 most days! Occasionally I'm under and more often than I would like, I'm over. I'm rarely above maintenance though. That many calories is reserved for holidays and cookouts! :)
  • ANonAMouse3
    Options
    I try to keep mine around 1800. I have to admit... it was really hard at first (and is a struggle for me still).

I have PCOS, so I follow a diabetic diet (hubby is full blown type 2 diabetic). We've been eating 100% whole wheat breads/pasta - and not much of those either. I haven't lost any weight yet (only been on it for little over a month now) but people tell me that they can tell I've lost weight. My face thinned out and my stomach is not as big - it makes me appear that I've lost weight even though I haven't ... YET. :)

What is TDEE? I noticed that a few people were talking about it. It's probably something that was discussed in one of these threads, but I just haven't got to it yet (been enjoying reading current posts and never looked up the older ones with all of the good information in it). :)

You can add me as a friend if you'd like.
  • missionalman
    missionalman Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1930 - I would love to be friends so that we can see what each other is doing! It's hard for me to cut back what I eat, but I'm going to do it! My ultimate goal is to lose 135 pounds, but for now I'd be happy to lose the 36 I've gained since High School.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    I keep an average around 3,000/day and am losing some still, but transitioning into more of a maintaining/recomping to increase strength is the real focus and I vary widely depending on what I do that day.
  • amy3cc
    amy3cc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm TDEE as well! Mine's 2200-20%, so I set it at 1800. Nice to see so many people on this site actually EATING! Yay!
  • LesliemarieAZ
    LesliemarieAZ Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    MFP says I should eat 1200 a day but I think that's too little for me. What is TDEE?
  • erkerns
    erkerns Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat 1500 if I'm not exercising, 1800 if I am, and 2000-2500 if I'm letting myself have an off day... although I find I can drop weight after being halfway off the wagon for a couple of days (2500 is tame compared to how I used to be "off the wagon!") Add me!
  • mew711
    mew711 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am!
    1500!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. 1200 calories is about enough if you're nearly dead. I do not log calories but I have logged a few times and average 1700 to 1800. I may get as low as 1500 at times when I'm trying to peak but not often. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Winston817
    Winston817 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    1800 to 2500 depending on TDEE. I practice HIIT and am just trying to lean up more. Also glad to see people eating and not doing the 800 to 1100 cals! Feel free to add.
  • nerdymathgrrl
    nerdymathgrrl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1700-2300, depending on my exercise that day. (I tried TDEE, but I like the feeling of "earning" calories. To each his/her own!) Feel free to add me if you like! :smile:
  • lizmia2
    lizmia2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my goal 1340 trying to lose weight I have found that it is hard to eat good food with out over going my salt and sugar limit