Anyone here complete the C25K program and kept running?

Options
13»

Replies

• lillypad13
    lillypad13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I wanted to update a little, in case anyone wondered. I am still on the C25K program. Just finished Wk 7 Day 1 and I do believe something in my thinking has changed towards running. I have been greatly encouraged by many but especially by NHoffman26, she said something last week that changed everything for me. She said" Your running time is something you do as a treat for yourself, your quiet reflexion, your good alone thinking time." And it is so true, as long as I thought of running as me punishing myself for gaining weight, running was sad and hard and painful. But when you start thinking about it as a joy, something only you are responsible for, only you can move your own feet day after day, then it becomes a good thing. Now I feel like running more often, but I will wait to finish the program before I up my routine. What inspiration NHoffman26, thank you!
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I couldn't run for more than 30 seconds back on Jan 2010 so I did the Couch 2 5K program, went on to Half Marathons, a Marathon, Half Ironmans (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, half marathon), a full Ironman (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride, full marathon), was on mile 33 of a 100-mile bike ride when a car hit me so now I'm back on the mend training for Dopey (Jan 2015 at Disney World, 5K Thursday, 10K Friday, Half Marathon Saturday, Marathon Sunday), 12 hour run in March, Half Ironman in May, Full Ironman in November next year. I can't swim or bike yet because of the pain so I'm running, spinning, and modified weights.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes, C25K made me a runner. It's taken me longer than 9 weeks to get there, but I'm on week 5, day 3 and going strong. I do monthly 5Ks now. My 3rd one will be on September 21. My first one was during week 1. My times are getting faster. I'm really hoping to do this next one in under 45 minutes. When I finish one in 30 minutes, I will move on to the 10K app. I plan to finish a half marathon in Dec. 2015. I never lose sight of that goal. Every workout pushes me closer to that final goal.
  • newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Oh that is so awesome! I want to do exactly that, well fall in love with running I mean. I am way too old to do half or full marathons but I would love, just love running 3 miles 3 - 4 times a week. That is my fondest dream.

You're not too old. My inspiration is a woman in her late 50s who started running about 4 years ago (meaning over 50 when she started). She is now a 2 time Ironman (2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run) finisher and going for her 3rd.