Funny: Skinny People Ask the Silliest Questions

Options
Skinny people ask the silliest questions. Once, many years (and many pounds) ago, a well-meaning neighbor lady I bumped into at the grocery store happily patted my tummy and asked me "So...what is it?"

I stared at her, completely blank.

"Is it a boy, or a girl?" She gave me that conspiratorial wink usually reserved for pregnant women or the mildly stupid and potentially dangerous.

"Uh...neither. It's the chicken fried steak I had for breakfast."

She gulped at me and quickly walked away. We never spoke again.

--

Since I've started doing this MFP stuff about a month ago, I've had a pretty good run of success (nineteen pounds gone already!) and now people are asking me the silliest question yet: "How are you doing it?"

I know what they want. They want me to tell them that my weight loss is due to some sort of miracle -- a colon-blowing cleanse, an East African wonder-pill, a supplement made from the powdered tears of a thousand skinny people -- that they can go right out and buy for themselves. They want what I always wanted: the quick fix.

So it's hard not to notice the disappointment in their faces when I tell them my AMAZING DIET SECRET. The one thing that I've learned over the years that's truly been successful in my weight loss journey. Ready for this?

I eat less and move around more.

That's it. Of course, having MFP and you all to help support, inspire and motivate me doesn't hurt. So I'm wondering: What's the stupidest, silliest, weight loss question people ask YOU? And what's your answer?