motivation

Options
Hi everyone i have just started a diet. I am on my 4th day and starting to struggle a bit.
My menu for everyday is:

Breakfast: All bran with light milk.
snack: Banana
Lunch: Tuna, lettuce, beetroot and a tablespoon of light mayo on multigrain bread.
Snack: diet yogurt
Dinner: weight watchers meal.
Dessert: 1 weight watchers lamington finger.

I was 83kg on saturday when i weighed myself and now i am 81.6kg

I have also been exercising for 30mins a day, sometimes an hour if i have the time.

just wondering if anyone has any yummy recepes or snacks that i could try instead of having the same thing everyday?
also if anyone would like to add me for a chat and give eachother motivation that would be great :)

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Try different things for breakfast like Egg Whites and Canadian bacon. Or fruit smoothie

For lunch try different salads but go easy on the dressing or use light dressings. Maybe half burger and fruit cup

For dinner instead of Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice try making chicken or broiled salmon or Filet Mignon. w/ rice Pilaf, roasted red skin potatoes and Veggies.

For desserts try the Skinny Cow Ice Cream sandwhiches they are only 140 calories..

There are many things to eat that are good and low-calorie that you can eat.

Good Luck!
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit - I always eat pretty much the same thing. I do change up my yogurt flavors so I get some good stuff! I also snack on almonds, apples, oranges, carrots, low-cal instant oatmeal, and 90 cal granola bars. My breakfast is an egg on 1/2 of a sandwich thin (50 cal for the bread). Oh! And my new favorite dessert - Goodness Knows! Little snack squares that come in packs of 4 and only have 37 cal/each. I like the chocolate/almond/berry :-)
  • loanz
    loanz Posts: 16
    Options
    thanks heaps :)
    I haven't heard of some of the foods you's speak of i think we come from different countries maybe?
    I will go to the supermarket today and try and find some yummy foods with low calories.
  • 9194lisa
    Options
    For snacks, many fruits are great and low in calories. I love berries of all kinds. They also are high in fiber. WASA flatbreads (I like rye) and baby carrots are filling and low cal too. And yes, definitely chicken is a good high protein, low cal addition. Don't forget to drink tons and tons of water.
  • jessmo803
    Options
    I go back and forth between 2 eggs, 45 calorie wheat bread and different kinds of cereal for breakfast. (It all depends on what time I have to be at work)
    For lunch, I'll get a 6 inch sub from Subway or have a turkey or roast beef sandwich with swiss cheese, light mayo and spicy mustard.
    I've found a bunch of great dinner recipes on HungryGirl.com
    Skinny Cow Ice cream (cups, sandwiches, cones and bars) are THE BEST. They're helping me through this diet.

Hope this helps! Good luck in reaching your goals!

Jess
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,004 Member
    Options
    for breakfast I usually have either oatmeal or yogurt
    for lunch I have soup, or sandwich or lean cuisine meals
    for dinner I have lowcal chili or homemade soup or chicken terriyaki over rice with vegetables, or barbqued chicken or pork with roasted potatoes and vegetables
    snacks are usually apple with peanutbutter or granola bar or special k crisp bar, skinny cow ice cream or weight watchers ice cream bars, or popcorn or rice cakes........I hope this helps also drinking warm tea with a little sugar and pumpkin spice added is good when I want something but I am not really hungry
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    check other people's diaries...that's what worked for me
  • donella73
    Options
    For lunch I like a wholewheat wrap with lean chicken breast, low-fat cottage cheese and tomatoes, cucumber, etc. Also carrot sticks with light hommus are yummy snacks.

I'm new here too - will send you a friend request ;)
  • Mnata
    Mnata Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you can find a copy (I got mine at WalMart), Taste of Home has a Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. The recipes tend to be real food, and the cookbook is divided into different meals, and different calorie amounts. For instance, if you ate a little bit too much for lunch, you can pick a dinner from the 250 Calories or Less section (Meatless Chili Mac, Beefy Veg Soup, etc). The only thing is you have to watch the portion size, but I've made a few recipes and been perfectly happy with them. Keep up the good work!
  • mizfit
    mizfit Posts: 118
    Options
    Check out the website hungrygirl.com. She does a healthier twist on well known recipes and restaurant foods.
    You can also check out allrecipes.com for tons of healthy recipes.
    Good luck.