Weighing?

Options
wonderish
wonderish Posts: 89 Member
My bestie and I are working out together, for now, we are doing 25-35 mins of Just Dance or Just Sweat each weekday morning. When should we be weighing ourselves? Once a week?

We weighed ourselves last week and then again this morning I've gained 1 lb and she's stayed the same. I dont want us to focus on the losing weight, as we both feel a lot better with a little exercise.

I think soon we will incorporate swimming 3 x a week as well. Yay :)

Replies

• walktheweightaway
    Options
    Personally I weigh myself on a fortnightly basis, just so I'm certain that I've actually lost/gained weight and am not just experiencing a water weight fluctuation or something like that :) Sometimes its hard to wait that long though hahaha.

I guess it really just depends on what you're comfortable with though.
  • toholio
    toholio Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's personal preference. Some find it best to weigh in daily, some find it best to weigh in weekly. Some prefer to go by other measurements and never weigh in.

Find what works for you and stick to that.

Trying to get the "right" answer to this question is like trying to get the "right" answer to which flavour of ice cream tastes best.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It's personal preference. Some find it best to weigh in daily, some find it best to weigh in weekly. Some prefer to go by other measurements and never weigh in.

Find what works for you and stick to that.

Trying to get the "right" answer to this question is like trying to get the "right" answer to which flavour of ice cream tastes best.

exactly
  • bumble573
    bumble573 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Weekly for me, but as above, its whatever works for you :)
  • jillyrose0711
    jillyrose0711 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Personally, I weigh myself each morning, before having anything to eat and after using the bathroom. Keeping in mind that my water intake and any excess sodium as well as a myriad of other factors could reflect in the scale weight, I just have made it a part of my morning routine to see my progress, if any
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I weight daily usually more than once. Every morning after i pee i weigh myself. it keeps me motivated when i can see progress on the scale everyday.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends on what you are OK with.

If you are likely to get depressed or stop trying if the scale tells you nothing has changed, or you gained (like the last time you weighed yourself) then I would say the longer you can go without it, do it.

I also would say you should put more 'weight' (see what I did there) in actual measurements.
    Take your measurements and re-check those on a weekly/monthly basis.
    Quite often your scale weight won't really reflect any changes, but your measurements will - and really, if you look and feel better, who cares what the scale says??
  • dont_tap_my_aces
    dont_tap_my_aces Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    its a lot of work, but the best method (especially if you are cutting) is to weigh each day same time and same bladder condition (empty most likely). Take that daily measurement over the course of 7 days and divide by 7 to get your average daily weight for that week.

Then do the same for the 2nd week. Now compare your average daily totals from Week 1 to Week 2. the difference in lbs between weeks 1 and 2, will be X, and if you take X and multiple by 3500 this new number Y will be your weekly surplus/deficit (surplus if you gained, deficit if you lost weight). Now total up all the calories you consumed during that 2 week period, and then throw in the total Y from before. divide by 14 and you will now have your true TDEE.

now that you have your true TDEE, adjust your caloric intake to match goal.