having trouble eating all my calories

Options
I'm having trouble eating all of my calories, especially my exercise calories. I eat, I'm full and I still have over 500 calories today. It's not always that much but should I force myself to eat them even if I'm not hungry? Thank you for any suggestions.

Replies

• biggerpix
    Options
    I'm always under my calories, especially with exercise. I've tried it both ways....trying to meet my 1200 calorie goal and staying way under my goal by more than 700 calories. I've had better luck staying under my goal and not eating just to meet my goal. I'm not sure which is healthier.
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Same w/ me. If I eat all my calories, I don't lose. If I don't eat them all I do lose but MFP suggests to eat them all so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. I'm pretty sure my body isn't/hasn't been in starvation mode in a looooong time.
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    You shouldn't force yourself to eat, no. However, you may want to change out some of your foods to include foods that are good for you but higher in calories. If you've seen my rantings and frustrating posts on my wall, you know I've been struggling with this, too.

You can take a look at my food diary (like yesterdays or the day before....today is no bueno :laugh: ) and compare them to like a week or more ago. I've started eating peanut butter on bagel thins. Added avocado to my sandwiches, etc. Huge on the calories but low on sodium are fruit! I eat at least 1 banana a day now. over 100 calories right there and no sodium.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I don't eat all of my calories....BUT, I eat a lot of foods that are very filling....Black beans, brown rice, natural peanut butter, etc. Think of your body as a vehicle (I know....sounds silly)....And your food is the fuel. You add the fuel to keep the vehicle or machine running. If it's not empty, or having trouble running, then you don't need to "fuel up!"
  • Wants2bethin
    Options
    Wish I had trouble not eating mine :P
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't force yourself to eat if you aren't truly hungry, but your body does need those calories. You can try gradually eating a little more each meal/snack until your body is "retrained". When I first started here I was in starvation mode, eating 400-700 calories a day. It was extremely difficult for me to get to my 1500 calorie goal. It's been 7 weeks and I'm still having a little trouble since I'm trying to get 1200 NET calories sometimes. In addition to gradually increasing the amount you eat, you can also try adding in some liquid calories from juice, smoothies, protein shakes, etc.
  • loveusa
    Options
    Looks like you don't have trouble with overeating. Puzzled why you need to diet.