Low carb, but comparable protein and fat

Options
I'm not following a low carb diet, but I generally don't eat too many carb heavy food items like pasta or bread(or at least try not to). It So usually my carb intake is around 10-15%, and then fat and protein around around 40-50% each.

I wouldn't say that I've stalled (i'm down 22 pounds in 4 months, from 200 to 178, 5'7 female) but I'm wondering if I should focus on getting more of one of them, rather than being comparable and that would result in a quicker loss.

It's a common trend I'm noticing and I'm trying to not fall into any bad habits that may stall me longer down the road.

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    your macro split doesnt matter all that much for weight loss, its just the calorie count that makes the difference. they do however make a difference for general health, but i think you'll be fine, many others have survived on low carb
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    your macro split doesnt matter all that much for weight loss, its just the calorie count that makes the difference. they do however make a difference for general health, but i think you'll be fine, many others have survived on low carb

Great, thanks. I really didn't want to up my fat intake and venture into a keto-ish diet, so this is good to hear.