Hello. I need Help.

I'm getting older (but not old). I'm out of shape and lazy.

I want to be better.
I want to be healthier.
I want to live longer.
I want to see my son grow old!

Today I'm starting that; One step at a time.

Replies

• mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

If you would like a friend, feel free to add me.
    I have an open diary and I support all my friends here on MFP.
  • Mitzarin
    Mitzarin Posts: 5
    I'm getting older (but not old). I'm out of shape and lazy.

I want to be better.
    I want to be healthier.
    I want to live longer.
    I want to see my son grow old!

Today I'm starting that; One step at a time.

Long term perspective. You aren't just changing your diet/exercising habits for a day, or a month, or a year. You are changing them for the rest of your long and happy life.

Welcome to MFP! I am a newer member myself. Feel free to message me if you have some nutrition questions, or are curious how the AP/Website gives you a calorie limit (RMR). Good luck! Most importantly, stay happy!
  • I've never been able to get consistent accountability from the forums. If you're active on Facebook, I'm in a group there that's helped me since there's so many people in the group. We're now around 500 people so someone's always posting a workout success or a nutrition question or suggestion. We have small groups for accountability (based on what workout program you are doing) and live team broadcasts via YouTube, where some coaches discuss a topic of the day, give shout-outs to people doing great, and take questions from the challengers live.

Message me if that's something you'd be interested in joining or would like more information.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately (or fortunately is how I look at it) I gave up facebook some time back. Too much drama and opinions about the 'small picture' when nobody looks at the 'big picture'. I don't miss it, either.
  • nikkibhd
    nikkibhd Posts: 2
    Feel free to add me! I'm looking for online support as well! As an aside, if anyone can tell me how to get my tracker to log the weight I've lost that would be awesome! I keep putting down my lost weight but it still says 0 pounds.

Thanks!
  • tomee638
    tomee638 Posts: 64
    No problem, to each his/her own. Hope you can reach your fitness goals, and stick with'em! That's most important.