Overheard in the liquor store

Options
SunofaBeach14
SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
I got a bit of a chuckle today at our local mega-liquor store. I was behind a lady in line who spent the better part of 10 minutes ranting to the poor, innocent check out lady (who probably didn't even offer the woman a donut) about how she only ate organic, raw foods and mostly out of her own garden because they prevented cancer, and that she laughed at all the "haters" who refused to listen because she was once very overweight and managed to keep it off with her diet. I stood there with my bottle of vodka, 1/2 a case of wine, and 2 6-packs of craft brew and just smiled. I would have said something because she was holding up the line but I was simply too entertained. When she left, the check out lady told me that was her normal behavior. I just laughed. She had a cart full of booze and it did lead me to wonder what type of risk analysis she had gone through when comparing the risks of eating a donut vs. drinking. Me? I'm sitting here drinking a Goose Island Endless IPA and am contemplating a donut. I like to live dangerously.

TL; DR Version: I like beer and donuts and I'm bored. Don't hate.

Replies

• laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    Can't hate on a guy who like beer and donuts..
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Only one bottle of vodka?
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    To be fair, donuts have probably been proven to cause cancer.*

* In the state of California, where from what I can tell everything causes cancer.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

^^ this ^^couldn't have put it better myself.
  • ink_b1tch
    ink_b1tch Posts: 101
    Options
    I got a bit of a chuckle today at our local mega-liquor store. I was behind a lady in line who spent the better part of 10 minutes ranting to the poor, innocent check out lady (who probably didn't even offer the woman a donut) about how she only ate organic, raw foods and mostly out of her own garden because they prevented cancer, and that she laughed at all the "haters" who refused to listen because she was once very overweight and managed to keep it off with her diet. I stood there with my bottle of vodka, 1/2 a case of wine, and 2 6-packs of craft brew and just smiled. I would have said something because she was holding up the line but I was simply too entertained. When she left, the check out lady told me that was her normal behavior. I just laughed. She had a cart full of booze and it did lead me to wonder what type of risk analysis she had gone through when comparing the risks of eating a donut vs. drinking. Me? I'm sitting here drinking a Goose Island Endless IPA and am contemplating a donut. I like to live dangerously.

ummmm liver anyone?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    So, what kind of donut?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I totally get you about skewed risk assessment....... before I went to uni I worked in a small drugstore/supermarket for a bit...... one of my work colleagues told me how worried she was because she'd read somewhere (I'd guess the Daily Fail) that apples cause cancer and she wasn't going to eat any more apples. She smoked 20 a day...
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    I totally get you about skewed risk assessment....... before I went to uni I worked in a small drugstore/supermarket for a bit...... one of my work colleagues told me how worried she was because she'd read somewhere (I'd guess the Daily Fail) that apples cause cancer and she wasn't going to eat any more apples. She smoked 20 a day...

now I have an image in my mind of smoking apples....
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

^^This :drinker:
  • laynerich15
    laynerich15 Posts: 1,918 Member
    Options
    subscribing to this thread for donut updates
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    In for donuts, and beer!!!!!
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

now I have an image in my mind of smoking apples....

Hookha anyone? It tastes especially good when discussing organic foods and cancer risks
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yep, beer and donuts! Good stuff right there brother!
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

ummmm liver anyone?

Donuts taste better than liver and besides, I forgot the Chianti
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Patients grasshopper....the night hasn't even started yet. :laugh:
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Why does donut beer not exist?

Donuts have yeast. Beer has yeast.

Beer can be made from wheat. Donuts are made from wheat.

Homebrewed beer is carbonated with sugar. Donuts are flavored with sugar.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I only eat free range donuts.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options
    Why does donut beer not exist?

Donuts have yeast. Beer has yeast.

Beer can be made from wheat. Donuts are made from wheat.

Homebrewed beer is carbonated with sugar. Donuts are flavored with sugar.

You sir, are a genius
  • jojomoe523
    jojomoe523 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Amen!!!
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    In for the donut & vodka drink mix recipe!