Best Vegan Refried Beans I Ever Had!

BMW6Series
BMW6Series Posts: 124
edited September 22 in Recipes
1. two cups of pinto beans, soak over night, drain, add fresh water and cook until soft in a crock pot.
2. One can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Chilis.
3. 5 cloves of garlic
4. 1/3 cup olive oil
5. 2 tablespoons of fresh sliced cilantro.

Blend with mixer.

I made the yummiest burritos, adding some olives and jalapenos with it in a Tomato and Basil Tortillas. Used some more of the beans to make nachos for the family.

BMW6Series

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Ooh this sounds amazing! I may have to try this! Thanks for the recipe! :D
  • rachelblank427
    rachelblank427 Posts: 180 Member
    Thanks! I love re fried beans! I will definitely have to try this!
  • melleyd
    melleyd Posts: 432 Member
    Sounds great, thanks! I know it sounds weird, but if you like eggs, cook an egg and serve over refried beans. Better than you might imagine.... :)
  • Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Yum!
  • jenneyd
    jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
    I know beans are a very good addition to the diet, but I have never liked them. This recipe sounds good, so I am definitely going to give it a try. I am trying to add more beans and fish to my diet. Thank you for sharing!
  • JillTwiss
    JillTwiss Posts: 139 Member
    Here's another easy, also vegan recipe:
    http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/veganvegetarian-unfried-beans
    Had them for dinner last night and having them again tonight. They're so low in calories and so good for you. Yum.

Edited to add: I use a hand blender to mix them.
  • The garlic cloves need to be finely chopped. You might not need 1/3 cup oil olive. I think that 1/4 cup would do. I don't remember which one I used. But they are great vegan refried beans. I eat a lot of bean burritos from different places and brands and these were just so good.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    bump
This discussion has been closed.