Time to get real

Options
Hi, everyone,

Well I started this new way of life on the 28th of December 2013. I have lost 22.5 kg since starting. What made me start? A self help book. I have alot of bad in my life {like lots of other people}. But the good in my life is what drives me to do this. 3 years ago my beautiful [then 1 year old] granddaughter got placed in our care and late last year we got permanent care of her, now I relies I have to be around and healthy for a lot longer than I planned to be. Her future is one of the most important things to me, getting her past the battles she is going to face as she gets older is what drives me to be a better happier person. Yes she saved me if not more that we have saved her.
So here I am, I'm not finding it hard at all. I love working out, I love hoping on the scales, I love running around with her, but most of all I love shopping. I have gone the a size 20-22 to a 14 my goal is a size 12. The best thing though is looking in the mirror and not seeing a dead person looking back at me.
Well that my story and I wish everyone else on this journey the very best.

65517467.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• ednaemerson
    ednaemerson Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just love your story. What means anymore to us than our grand children. I have 2 granddaughter and 1 grandson. Congrats to you for putting her where she is in your life.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I pray God's blessings on you for "standing in the gap" for your granddaughter. Know that many, many people owe their lives to a caring grandparent. Welcome to the health train!