Cardio or Weight Lifting for faster results?

Options
Hi all! Just wanted to hear everyone's experiences with cardio and weight lifting and which yielded quicker results! Thanks and happy hump day!

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I lose weight (pounds) faster with cardio, but get visual change and lost inches with lifting.

Do both, and fuel yourself properly for best possible results =)
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Depends on the result you're looking for. Cardio burns calories faster so you'll lose weight, but weights will recomp your body shape faster.
    my suggestion: a healthy balance of both.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    For what goal?
  • jlclabo
    jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    it all depends on what your personal goals are. if you just want to lose weight(and lean muscle) by all means, cardio til you drop... if you want to be stronger, leaner, and most important Functional..... then do heavy compound lifts along with cardio, mobility work, and stretching.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I've only done cardio, and have lost weight and inches. ( And I am not weak without muscle tone, I have quite a bit of muscle tone)
    My goal was to lose a bit of weight before I incorporated weights into my routine. This is what I was told to do at the beginning or my journey. Not sure if this is correct, but it has worked for me.