Suggestions on Jillian Michaels DVDs?

Sporty98
Sporty98 Posts: 320 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello All!

I have 10 days left of the 30 Day Shred, and I have loved it! I also do Jillian's Yoga Melt Down. I'm wondering what other programs people could recommend? I really like her philosophy on food and exercise (I'd recommend her book "Making the Cut" if you don't have it already...), so I'm looking to get another one of her DVD work-outs. Thanks!

Also, have any of you done the 30 DS more than once? I wondering how long before I should do it again?

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I've been doing 30 Day Shred about 3 times a week since January, I don't do it every day because I do other workout as well. My favorite Jillian DVD is No More Trouble Zones. My muscles scream at me for a good 2 days after I use it.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Hi there! I did the 30DS Sept 1-30, and now I will do level 3 on days when I'm tight for time :)

I looove Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. It is TOUGH - I would say its a harder, longer version of 30DS, but you don't need any weights! It's 40 minutes, 7 circuits. INTENSE. STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS - especially as a next step after 30DS.

No More Trouble Zones is another good one (after BFBM above). A little slower paced, but more weight-oriented!

Those are the only 3 Jillian DVDs I've tried so far. Just finished a level 3 just now actually :-P

I am thinking of ordering the yoga meltdown too, that sounds great!!
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Shred-It with Weights (Kettle bell workout) is a great one. I also do Yoga Meltdown and love it as well! Since I do other workouts at the gym (Fight Club and personal training), I only do the DVD workout on my "sick days" or days in between my gym workouts when I want to challenge myself a little more. Jillian is amazing!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    I'm on my second round of the 30-Day Shred and have found that it has a great replay value. I think I took one rest day after I finished it the first time and then went back to it. My doctor and fitness coach recommended taking a rest day every now and then (about once a week or even more, depending on how I feel). After finishing the first round, I had originally wanted to do Couch to 5K three days a week and then the Shred the rest of the week, but with it getting colder outside I'm having trouble finding the motivation to go to the gym to run. But anyway, I'd definitely recommend doing the DVD again...you'll find that you're better at certain things and thus can push yourself a little more. That's the only DVD of Jillian's that I have experience with, but it's a great one!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    I was just wondering ths myself! I have a long way to go on the shred still, but I'm loving Gillians no nonsense style, so I'll definitely be looking at some of the recommendeations when I'm done wit 30DS
This discussion has been closed.