Protein/carbs

Options
I'm trying to lower my carbs and increase my protein intake as I have found that I have no energy on my usual carby diet. Can someone please give me some guideline amounts so that I can reset my diary? It's currently on the default which is:
Carbs: 169
Protein: 68
Thanks!

Replies

• sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I currently do 30% carbs, 35% protein, and 35% fat. When I was really low carb I was doing more like 20% carb and 40% protein 40% fat. I"m slowly introducing more carbs because I'm done cutting and I"m reverse dieting up.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I am sure you will get different answers from everyone here but I had to play around with my macros a few times trying different amounts different weeks :) I have found my best is 40% 30 % 30% :) I feel most satisfied at those amounts and it keeps my blood sugar in check :)
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I am sure you will get different answers from everyone here but I had to play around with my macros a few times trying different amounts different weeks :) I have found my best is 40% 30 % 30% :) I feel most satisfied at those amounts and it keeps my blood sugar in check :)
    That's probably about what I'll end up at when I'm done reverse dieting.
  • ruby_red_rose
    ruby_red_rose Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I played around with my macros and found that I have the best fat loss results with the following:
    at most 100g of carbs
    at least 125g of protein
    50-70g of fat
    I try to stay in the 1450-1600 calorie range.
  • London1990
    London1990 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone, very helpful!