Struggling

Options
I've never really created a thread, and I know this is such a 'done' subject, but I'm finding it hard. I do well for a while, and then fall once and just let myself go. On a day to day basis, food and exercise isn't an issue for me, but if I fall off the wagon it seems to last a few days and it's demoralising.

I just want to keep moving to my goal.

I just wanted to post this because it is a space where I know others will feel the same.

This is a public declaration that I will be taking baby steps every day and really stay on course. Drinking will be once a week and I will either have one take-away a week or not bother.

Replies

• GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I've never really created a thread, and I know this is such a 'done' subject, but I'm finding it hard. I do well for a while, and then fall once and just let myself go. On a day to day basis, food and exercise isn't an issue for me, but if I fall off the wagon it seems to last a few days and it's demoralising.

I just want to keep moving to my goal.

I just wanted to post this because it is a space where I know others will feel the same.

This is a public declaration that I will be taking baby steps every day and really stay on course. Drinking will be once a week and I will either have one take-away a week or not bother.

You should be proud not demoralised. Most people fall off the wagon and don't find their motivation again for months or even years after! I think it is good to establish limits for yourself but don't fret when you go outside of those limits.
  • Kyog
    Kyog Posts: 32
    Options
    Yeah, I really need to find small goals to work towards, but we always end up getting carried away and looking too far ahead.

I'll see it as a positive that I only fell off the wagon for about 5 days. It's still crap, but it could've been worse...

Thank you for responding! x
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Little goals, one at a time, that are sustainable will keep you at this for the long haul.

You're human. Humans can make mistakes. The super awesome rock star humans correct the mistakes and get back on track.

:)

You can do it, if you want to!
  • Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This is a big issue for me too only I fall off the wagon for years unfortunately.

Something that has helped me is realizing that if I would have kept going all those years ago then things would be different now. Instead I would let a couple mistakes make me feel like I shouldn't even try to keep trying. Or if the weight didn't come off quick enough I'd give up.

I had my daughter in 2011 and started trying to lose weight after that. So 4 years ago, 48 months ago. So even if I would have only lost 1lb a month, that would have been 48lbs down right now!
  • denitahawkins
    denitahawkins Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    If you're still thinking about your health/fitness goals and you recognize there are areas for improvement and are finding ways to implement those improvements - YOU'RE WINNING! Don't be so down on yourself. We all fall, we all just want to quit, but we also know there's no reward in quitting. Don't be so hard on yourself. You're still in this! You've already lost 30 lbs per your ticker so CLEARLY you're doing something right! You are the best investment you can make. You got this!
  • MarylandHonu
    Options
    I appreciate that you started this thread! I'm in the same boat.

I also find it hard to stay motivated when I feel like I'm doing everything "right" but the number on the scale still doesn't budge. I just keep telling myself that even though I feel like I'm not making progress, it's still gotta be better than how I'd do if I ate carelessly and didn't exercise.

I'm finding big mood boosts from exercise lately, too. Mainly, if I *don't* exercise, I can get super down. Thanks for listening and stay strong everyone!
  • jsalzat
    jsalzat Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yes, thanks for this thread... This is so true. I don't like to admit when I'm struggling because I expect myself to always be positive and motivated. I want to encourage others, but lately I'm struggling and having a very tough time encouraging myself. My habit has always been this:
    I'll do great for a while,. . . and then . . . I don't.

I don't want to get stuck in the "I don't" again. I need the encouragement to keep going. Every time I see you post when you complete your run, it encourages me. Keep moving forward :smile: