leg mass & weight training. help.

Options
ok hears my dilemma. my upper body and torso are a decent size, i have just started on my legs as they are rather chicken like,.

my questions is, if im to target this one area for gains.. what do i eat and when... do i eat heaps of calories on training days? or day after? or day before? i have no idea... im no hardcore gym junkie i go 3-4 times a week twice weights and one cardio.. usually... but i would like to up this.

can any one give me some advice? i don't mind not working my arms and torso as hard to see gains in the legs.

thanks

Replies

• trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    dont change the diet or workouts for the rest of your body.

Eat A LOT the day before leg day. Preferably the night before. More important if you are normally eating at a deficit or maintenance. but even on a bulk, you want to eat lots of carbs and fats the night before...get those muscles full so you can have a better workout. After your workout, do the same thing you'd normally do, like a protein shake and a solid meal a couple hours later.

I think most people find that legs respond very well to higher reps. Feel the contraction and burn. This means not just going for the max on squats with no regard for form and feeling the muscle work. Lots of guys have great squats and mediocre legs.

Things like 20 reps on leg press, hack squats, lunges are great for adding leg mass.
  • TLIVIGNSTON
    TLIVIGNSTON Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    awesome thanks... nah i wont totaly sacrifice the rest of my body, but what im saying is that i don't usually eat heaps to gain mass, i eat to stay healthy(so no excess calories) but i do want to gain mass on my legs. so ill do upper body and torso twice a week then legs twice a week from now on. so eat allot before leg day, and eat normally the rest.

that's all i really needed.

thanks!
  • TheMotivator123
    Options
    Night before workout eat for last meal small sweet potato, 1 cup of rice, 1 banana, 1tbs of butter. Its called Carb loading