Lose the baby weight, baby!

Options
my son was born one month ago at 9 pounds 2.4 ounces. i gained 55 pounds, all in my belly which was about 2.5 feet around, on a small day.
ive lost 36 pounds so far, and now at a halt.
i just ordered the Total Gym on Monday, because i no longer have a gym membership, and currently dont have the time.
i want to lose the last 19 pounds by December.

any other mommies needing to lose that baby weight?

Replies

• kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    my son was born one month ago at 9 pounds 2.4 ounces. i gained 55 pounds, all in my belly which was about 2.5 feet around, on a small day.
    ive lost 36 pounds so far, and now at a halt.
    i just ordered the Total Gym on Monday, because i no longer have a gym membership, and currently dont have the time.
    i want to lose the last 19 pounds by December.

any other mommies needing to lose that baby weight?

Yep! My son is 11 weeks old. I gained 26 pounds during my pregnancy, and have lost 24 since birth. However, I had gained 20 pounds right before getting pregnant, not to mention that I had never reached my original goal weight. So.. I'm in to lose about 45-50 pounds.

I'm working out 5 days a week with Fitness Blender videos and walking so far.
  • HeatherB301
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!!! I gained around 35lbs with my daughter who is almost 3 months old. I have 15lbs left to lose and the scale doesn't seem to want to move!!! I was an avid runner before I got pregnant but can't seem to motivate myself to get back at it!!
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!!! I gained around 35lbs with my daughter who is almost 3 months old. I have 15lbs left to lose and the scale doesn't seem to want to move!!! I was an avid runner before I got pregnant but can't seem to motivate myself to get back at it!!

I haven't run since the first Trimester...
  • feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Will be there soon. Baby is due December so far only gained a pound (18 weeks + a few days) but I also had about 15-20lbs to lose pre-pregnancy. Good luck!
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    well I am finally losing my baby weight. only problem is that It has taken me 21years to do it. :drinker:
  • babykizzy
    babykizzy Posts: 9
    Options
    my baby is 4 month old and I gain like 35 pounds after baby but am here to loose about 50 pounds so feel free to add me
  • GuineaPiglet
    GuineaPiglet Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Me too...my baby is seven years old. It's probably past time...lol
  • snjohnston
    snjohnston Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My youngest daughter is 7 months old today! I managed to drop all my pregnancy weight (30.5 lbs) and another 11, but am now aiming to get back to my "before babies" goal weight. No more babies planned, ever, so now I'm ready to finally work extra hard at being fit forever! Good luck!
  • kmmalone14
    kmmalone14 Posts: 10
    Options
    I feel you! My son is 15 months old, and I'm just now stepping up the plate. I was active up until I hit the 8 month mark. I started having contractions around 7.5 months and my doctor told me to cut out the activity, none whatsoever. So in 2 months I managed to gain a total of 40 pounds! Not to mention I was already on the road to lose 50 before I got pregnant. It all just adds up so quickly!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You've been losing an average of 9 lbs a week! I think it is realistic to expect that pace to slow down. Healthy loss would be 1-2 lbs per week almost! He is only a month old and you probably can't even work out for a couple more weeks! If you are breastfeeding, that will help. Either way, please have realistic expectations of your body, which just performed a miracle. :flowerforyou:
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    My youngest daughter is 7 months old today! I managed to drop all my pregnancy weight (30.5 lbs) and another 11, but am now aiming to get back to my "before babies" goal weight. No more babies planned, ever, so now I'm ready to finally work extra hard at being fit forever! Good luck!

man I threw that dream out the window years ago and I am so glad I did. I would look like a skeleton at 118. I was so fixated on this number for years that even when I lost 80lbs before and got down to 122 I still felt fat even though everyone told me I was too thin. Not saying you cant do it but I was super young before I had my first baby. I don't even know what I would have weighed at 18-20 and beyond without having kids. I am in uncharted territory right now but I do know I like curves on myself. Good luck
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Finally losing the weight that piled on after my younger son was born...9 years ago...haha. hoping to get back to my post-baby-#1 weight, but my first goal is what i weighed right after my second son was born, since that was a decent weight to begin with, even if a bit overweight.
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was underweight pre-pregnancy (unhealthily), and gained a LOT while on bedrest for 6 months. I lost 30 as soon as I delivered my daughter, so I don't count that, but I have lost almost 15 within the last 6 weeks with a LOT of hard work. I had to start from scratch. My body was so deteriorated from bed rest that I could hardly walk on steps! And I am only 21! I have about 35 left to lose to get my healthy/goal weight. Feel free to add me if you're in it for a lifestyle change and not a temporary fix. :smile:
  • california_haley
    california_haley Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You've been losing an average of 9 lbs a week! I think it is realistic to expect that pace to slow down. Healthy loss would be 1-2 lbs per week almost! He is only a month old and you probably can't even work out for a couple more weeks! If you are breastfeeding, that will help. Either way, please have realistic expectations of your body, which just performed a miracle. :flowerforyou:

ha yeah i dropped 35 pounds within the first 2 weeks, then it stopped, obviously because it would be crazy to drop it all this fast. i think the weight i dropped so fast was the weight of my son, the placenta, and all the blood afterwards. sense i stopped bleeding about the time i stopped losing weight. im in no big hurry, id be happy with most of the rest of the weight gone by december. but even if i dont meet that goal it would be okay, as long as i start working out.
    i was on bed modified bed rest for the last month due to high blood pressure, and i just CANT sit around anymore lol its driving me crazy not getting out and at least walking. but it took 4 weeks for everything to stop hurting so im not looking to push my luck till i get the okay from my doctor. :)
  • Kschultz02
    Options
    Me! Today is my son's first birthday and I have 18 lbs to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, plus the extra 20 I was carrying around before getting pregnant. I finally got serious about running and eating well and have started to lose weight, but keep getting derailed a bit (birthday cake anyone?) But I'm buckling down so I lose this weight before getting pregnant again!