Peanut butter, nutella, and chocolate chip addiction

Options
I have an addiction to peanut butter, chocolate chips and nutella. Does anyone have any good tips for how to curve cravings?

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    why not just reduce your intake of these items...or chewing gum?
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I find that only buying single serve portions help out a lot. I can not be trusted with a whole jar of peanut butter. that is how I racked up 400 extra calories yesterday from the jar my hubby bought. needless to say I threw that thing in the freezer today just so I wouldn't sneak into it. I love my jif to go .. I would suggest to have anything that is a trigger food portioned out on the day it enters your house and/or only buy single serve portions.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have sugar cravings in the evening sometimes. When that happens, I eat either No sugar added ice cream, Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches, or 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter with banana, depending on how many calories I have left. But I always leave 250 calories for "desert" so I can eat my sweets. cutting them out totally doesn't work well for me. Everything in moderation!
  • purrypants01
    purrypants01 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The single serving thing sounds like a really good idea. I tried counting every calorie and it drove me crazy so im trying to just eat the stuff i normally eat when i am paying attention to the calories but without actually counting them. But either way im still finding myself craving things. Chewing gum seems like a good idea for that. I wonder if they have chocolate flavored gum? That would probably be disgusting though. THANKS EVERYBODY!!! :smile:
  • augsburg92
    augsburg92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My addiction to peanut butter was so bad that I can't even have it in my hoouse! I'm even allergic to peanuts (newly diagnosed) and struggle to not eat it when I'm around it. Not having it here helps. I don't have the others here either. Good luck!
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You have a calcium and protein addiction.
    You're body is craving energy.
    Weightloss would be not be advisable.

You can compensate with finding food that has lots of protein and calcium that doesn't have too much sugar.
    Then go to the gym and find a good exercise program.
    protein is the scientific name for strength and calcium is protein for your bones.
    Your body doesn't think it is strong enough and that is why you have this addiction.
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    why not just reduce your intake of these items...or chewing gum?

lol
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You have a calcium and protein addiction.
    You're body is craving energy.
    Weightloss would be not be advisable.

You can compensate with finding food that has lots of protein and calcium that doesn't have too much sugar.
    Then go to the gym and find a good exercise program.
    protein is the scientific name for strength and calcium is protein for your bones.
    Your body doesn't think it is strong enough and that is why you have this addiction.

WHAT?!
  • h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Not so much into chocolate chips, but for the peanut butter and nutella, I usually take a smaller spoon......:laugh:
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    By eating less or not eating them at all, no secrets.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Um, not buying them?
  • VegasaurusRex
    VegasaurusRex Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Not all, but a lot of chocolate is produced by child and/or slave labor. Pretty much unless it's specifically marked otherwise (Fair Trade, etc.). Learning that has curbed my appetite for chocolate quite a bit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_in_cocoa_production
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I started lifting weights, then upped my calories to eat the things I wanted to.
  • TinaLauritsen
    TinaLauritsen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I suffer from this badly too! But I just don't buy it, if I don't have it I can't eat it, it doesn't get easier than that. And then I make sure I always have some healthy snack, like nuts or carrots in my back, so if I get hungry while being somewhere I won't go to a store and snack on something stupid. :smile:
  • enjayer
    enjayer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My addiction to peanut butter was so bad that I can't even have it in my hoouse! I'm even allergic to peanuts (newly diagnosed) and struggle to not eat it when I'm around it. Not having it here helps. I don't have the others here either. Good luck!
    Sorry but that makes absolutely no sense. None at all.

Just out of interest... why does that not make sense? You can develop allergies to almost anything, so the recently diagnosed bit makes sense. And allergic reactions can range from anything to a mild rash to severe anaphylaxis so....? Does seem to make sense!

Btw, OP, one thing I found was to buy single serve portions (like the others said) or to alternatively, have "indulgent" tasting desserts that were relatively lower in calories. For example, lindt excellence chocolate microwaved with weight watchers double chocolate pudding= chocolately, goeey awesomeness. Alternatively, try a few of the quest protein bars... pretty filling and when microwaved/put in the oven, they taste pretty good! Not quite nutella etc but the PB flavour one is decent.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have an addiction to peanut butter, chocolate chips and nutella. Does anyone have any good tips for how to curve cravings?

just portion accordingly... IIFYM
  • katatoniczka
    Options
    Maybe just buy one jar per... week, month, however you choose. One and then no more when you finish it. Then it's all about your self-control - you can eat a bit everyday or the whole jar in one sitting, but from the perspective of week/month, you've still eaten the same amount of PB calories ;)
  • antypim89
    antypim89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Firstly peanut butter is amazing don't cut it out!! Curve your intake to 2 tablespoons a day and then buy only organic no added sugar version....its more expensive but healthier and nutritious....whole earth is a good brand . As long as your exercising their should be no problem with this.

The chocolate thing is a bit harder but on instagram there is heaps of idea for incorporating small amounts of the above into things like protein shakes, protein brownies, protein cookies...protein anything. Basically you get your sugar kick, you feel like you've had a naughty treat (so important for the mind as it feels like its getting rewarded) and you're having protein too which means you will feel fuller for longer and are keeping muscles healthy (vital when dieting!)

I eat protein pancakes everyday smothered in peanut butter.........it keeps me sane!

Good luck stay strong!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Add them to your day. Nutella is one of my staples - I fit it into my calories/macros :)