Zucchini Spaghetti??

Options
ashthecat15
ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
I just bought a Vegetti to turn zucchini into spaghetti. Do you guys have any recipes you'd recommend using zucchini noodles?

Replies

• joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I saute mine with olive oil and fresh garlic, when done sprinkle some grated parm cheese....it is also good with adding shrimp to it.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    zucchini noodles sound amazing with teriyaki sauce and teriyaki steak/chicken with onions, broccoli, sweet carrots, and yum yum sauce! mmmmm
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Maybe not noodles, but I did make a lasagna with Zucchini.

Took a potato peeler and peeled the skin off then continued with the inside making long strips replaced the noodles with the zucchini. Used fat free ricotta, and mozzarella. The leanest ground turkey you can find and a good low cal sauce (or make your own). Super delicious I bet Garfield would eat it and pretty healthy for a pasta dish.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    so good I just got mine and made zoodles for the first time last night! yum yum and i dont even really like zucchini lol

10310520_10154420334600323_2294915923906263884_n.jpg
  • AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    so good I just got mine and made zoodles for the first time last night! yum yum and i dont even really like zucchini lol

10310520_10154420334600323_2294915923906263884_n.jpg

And now at 9:50 am I'm craving some spaghetti.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I saute mine with olive oil and fresh garlic, when done sprinkle some grated parm cheese....it is also good with adding shrimp to it.

This! (Though I just use a vegetable peeler to make wide, thin strips). Also, a very tiny bit of hard salami, cut into strips and sauted with the garlic makes this a pretty wonderful dish. (The Frugal Gourmet, years ago, made something with matchsticked zucchini & salami, then finished with heavy cream. I think this recipe is why my husband married me.)
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options

And now at 9:50 am I'm craving some spaghetti.

sorry! lol
  • ashthecat15
    Options
    Maybe not noodles, but I did make a lasagna with Zucchini.

Took a potato peeler and peeled the skin off then continued with the inside making long strips replaced the noodles with the zucchini. Used fat free ricotta, and mozzarella. The leanest ground turkey you can find and a good low cal sauce (or make your own). Super delicious I bet Garfield would eat it and pretty healthy for a pasta dish.

LMBO. My kids have been watching a lot of Garfield lately. So this hit me right in my funny bone.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I make a zucchini noodle salad that it the bomb. Raw zucchini noodles + equal parts EVOO and fresh lemon juice+ salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. It is SO simple and SO yummy!
  • simplybe13
    simplybe13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make the zucchini noodles with a peeler, leave raw and stir in a hot marinara sauce....yummy (I do carrots this way as well) or in vegetable stri fry instead of noodles with soy and chinese spice (the veg options to add are endless)!!
  • kristenlora
    Options
    Primal Palate has a great recipe for lamb meatballs over zucchini noodles with mint pesto - we've made it several times and there are never any leftovers :)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this today!! I went out and bought one of those Veggetti's and it is really cool! We just had a delicious dinner using zucchini and yellow squash in the veggetti. My kids thought it was too cool.

I sauteed the squash with olive oil and lemon juice, then added some fresh mushrooms. Pan seared some Cod filet and then topped all of that with some parmesan cheese and crushed red pepper! So good! Tomorrow we are going to use it again with the squash, some regular pasta and shrimp. YUM!!

Thank you again for the ideas everyone! :drinker:
  • ashthecat15
    Options
    I ended up sautéing some onion, and peppers in olive oil, and garlic. Then once they were nice, and browned I added the zucchini noodles. After about 5 minutes they were done, and delicious.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Vegetti to turn zucchini into spaghetti. Do you guys have any recipes you'd recommend using zucchini noodles?

I just saw this item on the Today show (yesterday)...they were laughing it up because of its name :laugh:
    I like using spaghetti squash to replace the noodles for spaghetti...maybe use it in the same concept, using zucchini.
    Let us know how it turns out...the gadget looks fun...was it easy to use?!?
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I never thought about that. That sounds good :)
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    zucchini noodles sound amazing with teriyaki sauce and teriyaki steak/chicken with onions, broccoli, sweet carrots, and yum yum sauce! mmmmm

This is really yummy :tongue:
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I love my vegettie! I melt a triangle or two of laughing cow with some unsweentend almond milk, half and half or milk (whatever I have), garlic and grated parm. It makes a fast and yummy Alfredo sauce for my "noodles".
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love my vegettie! I melt a triangle or two of laughing cow with some unsweentend almond milk, half and half or milk (whatever I have), garlic and grated parm. It makes a fast and yummy Alfredo sauce for my "noodles".

YUM! That sounds good! We are going to use ours again tonight with some zuchinni and shrimp! I may have to pick up some laughing cow too! Thanks for the idea!
  • adelemia
    adelemia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Omigosh never heard of this in Australia, will definitely be on the lookout for one now, sounds awesome!