Lacking Motivation

Options
I'm really off-track, and I can't seem to get back. I'm so disappointed because that tracker used to say 29 lbs lost, and now I'm not even weighing in.

For 9 months, I counted calories, I ate mostly healthy and I rewarded myself regularly. I had a lot of success, and I felt great. Then my first year of teaching came and knocked me off my path.

Now, I just can't get motivated food-wise. I was drinking a smoothie every morning, and now I just want bread! I walk through the grocery store and I can't even comprehend what to do with fresh fruits and vegetables. I'm stuck, and I don't know how to get back.

Only 3 more weeks before school starts!

Replies

• maryclayk
    maryclayk Posts: 2
    Options
    That's tough. Have you never liked to cook for yourself? Maybe start back slowly by incorporating a fresh sauté of veggies for a lunch or dinner, or trying to eat at least one salad a day (fruit salads count, too!). The main thing is to not label healthy food as "boring" food; I firmly believe healthy food can be fun! Just think of all the vibrant goodness within an avocado, nectarine, or carton of strawberries. Don't force it all at once and it should come back slowly. Just think, "I'm not doing this because I have to. I'm doing this because I want myself to be healthy." Best of luck!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The veggies and fruit idea is right on.
    How about buying some veggies and fruits to put on the grill or in the oven? Some people like grilling fruits (over indirect heat --away from the flame) like peaches, apples, bananas, cantaloupe and even watermelon. Put a little oil on to keep the food from sticking to the grill.
    In addition, you could make vegetable or fruit kabobs.