On my way to losing 230 pounds!

Options
tabarilla
tabarilla Posts: 19 Member
Hello there members of the myfitnesspal community,

My name is Tabitha, and I am a soon-to-be former fat woman. I started adding healthier foods into my diet 33 days ago, and I started exercising on July 2. At that time, I weighed 387 lbs. I am now down to 366 lbs, and I feel fantastic. I've been swimming 6 days a week, eating right, and abstaining from fast food and soda.

However, I have a bad habit of doing great in the beginning and slouching off after awhile. So, I'm hoping to make some friends here who will help me remain accountable all the way to my goal -- which I hope I can hit in 2 years! :)

Nice to meet you!
Tabitha

Replies

• TerinnaAdams
    TerinnaAdams Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great Attitude, your off to a great start!! You can do this! LMK if i can help, we can help motivate each other!! =)
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 100 lbs.I'll friend you!!
  • mzbiatchy
    mzbiatchy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too need to lose 140lbs i would love to friend you and any others to help me. your story sounds so much like mine. i start strong but fall off and have trouble starting again. started this week and i am determined this time
  • eric5577
    eric5577 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am just like you...I start out fast, then tend to slack off! Just look at the progress you have made so far, and try and keep that in the back of you mind!! I got your back, if you got mine!!! LOL.....
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I keep losing and regaining the same 50-60 lbs....enough!!!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on getting started and you can do this. Good luck to you

Here's some information that might help

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • punkyjones
    punkyjones Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you. I have over 100 pounds to lose myself. Feel free to friend me!
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on your loss! You'll do great :] Just keep plugging away! Go ahead and add me! I love having friends to keep me accountable.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Good start and Congrats on starting your new journey.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Hi Tabitha! It sounds like you are off to a great start:) Congrats on deciding to get healthy :) I know exactly the point you are at. If you would like someone to help motivate you feel free to send me a fr :)
  • cindiva65
    cindiva65 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Congrats on getting started and you can do this. Good luck to you

Here's some information that might help

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Great helpful post!!! and at 115 lbs lost its obviously working!!! WTG
  • Savedandsanctified
    Savedandsanctified Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow you really are on your way to losing 230lbs, I too have a lot of weight lose. I am down 11lbs since the 4th of July. I am looking for motivated friends.

Keep up the good work.
    Hope to see less of you soon!
  • missietbee
    missietbee Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Would love to help support you!! I previously lost 80lbs with MFP and now have started again after having my 2nd baby I need to lose the weight and get healthy so I can keep up with two kids under two!!
    Feel free to ad me!
  • trishalackin
    trishalackin Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your loss so far. Finding activities you truly enjoy makes weight loss so much easier. I have 57 more pounds to lose. I have lost 73 so far. I have tons of healthy and delicious recipes if you run out of ideas :)

Good luck on your journey. Keep up the great work!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Great start! :)

I started about two and a half months ago, with 165 to lose. I've lost 31 so far, so 134 to go!

I break it up into 10 pounds chunks and give myself small rewards (a new book for every "decade" change). It helps.

Good luck!
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    good luck on your jorney
  • bravesgirl981
    bravesgirl981 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You can add me if you like. I really put my weight loss into gear just this past March. So far about 38 lbs lost. I am on here just about everyday. I find that planning and flexibility has been imperative to my weight loss. Planning out your meals/snacks and work out days and adjusting when your routine is thrown off; the most important thing is don't stop, not even for a second. Figure out what you need to do to keep your self on track. Most people miss a work out day but the question you should ask yourself is where you will make that up in case that happens. Make your mind up to it and do it.

I also use a fitness tracker that lets me know how I am doing throughout the day. It gives me great insight and perspective about what I am doing and where are my opportunities for improvement and/or change.