MFP doesn't count strength training against daily calories??

Options
I did 50 crunches, 50 squats, and 15 pushups. I sure that would equal to more than 0 calories burned. What's the deal?

Replies

• nlcs_nickyv32
    Options
    There are too many variables for strength training to give accurate calories burned. Weight, time under tension, intensity, volume. rest.
  • peachmagic
    peachmagic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    There are too many variables for strength training to give accurate calories burned. Weight, time under tension, intensity, volume. rest.

Oh I guess that makes sense. I better get one that cardio then -_-
  • mattwhite63
    mattwhite63 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    OP: I don't know what your goal is in regards to tracking them as calories burned, but this is my thought. Your goal is to either:

A) Lose weight
    B) get in shape/become healthier

The calorie tracker shouldn't make too much of a difference to you. What I mean by that is, since I've joined MFP (only a couple of weeks here), I've always diligently tracked what I've eaten (and slightly over estimated to be on the safe side), while underestimating the amount of calories I burn while in the gym. I do a balance of cardio/strength training at the moment.

With that being said, does it really matter how many calories you burned during the exercises? If you carry on as if you did not record them, they'll help you be pleasantly surprised when you go to measure your results.