starvation mode

Options
so at 8 p.m. I realized I had gone all day and not eaten a single thing! How bad is this?

Replies

• queenofdisney
    Options
    Well I've certainly never done that!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Yikes! The only time I've ever done that is if I've been reeeeaaaallllly sick or in labor! lol Get yourself something nutritious hon, and nosh away! :drinker:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Been there. Have you had water. At least I did drink water all day. It's SUPER important! I am getting really good an being organized and eating ALL day now :-) You have to plan, carry, stash in your handbag, your desk, your car. You can do this. Oh - that habit had a lot to do with how I put the weight on in the first place. Good luck!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    That's what got me into the MORBIDLY obeese catagory:noway:
  • melzimmermann
    melzimmermann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You must be a mother! LOL I find with the kids, cleaning, cooking, errands and a business from home I am at fault of doing this quite often! My toddler is on a fairly regular eating schedule so I find that it works if I make myself eat while he's eating.
  • Bechard05
    Options
    yeah I am afraid it happens more often then not with me. I do need to stash something in my purse and other places. My kids get fed all day, but I have so much on my mind I don't think about it. I need to do better and get my body back in sync and get off the weight! Thanks for the words of encouragement!!
  • samiko
    samiko Posts: 34
    Options
    The worst thing you could do for your body...because usually what happens with starving yourself all day triggers the body into the "Storing Fat" mode and then because you are STARVED you will now OVEREAT to compensate... your metabolism is probably running slower because you did not give it the fuel it needed and will not likely burn all the food you are about to stuff in your mouth. Don't get used to this bad habit, break it now..give your body a little all day long...plan ahead with small snacks and small meals to avoid days such as today!