Wii suggestions, please!!

Options
I am SO excited!!! For all of you with kids, isn't Christmas time just THE BEST?! Every single present that my husband and I buy for each of the kids, we just imagine their little face LIGHT up!! Anyway, this is the year that we decided to give in to our 6 year old's wish..a Wii!!! I wasn't too keen on spending the money on one, but my hubby pointed out that our daughter REALLY wants one and is finally old enough to use it by herself. Well, now that it's bought and waiting to be wrapped, I'm starting to imagine the fun I can have with it when she goes to bed!! :devil:

Any good fitness game suggestions? What's your favorite??

(Another reason why this is THE BEST Christmas...my husband is taking me to pick out a kitten this week for my present..I can't wait!! So, throw some cute holiday names at me, too!!) :heart:

Replies

• Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit, Wii Fit 2, Wii Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy.
    There are tons of Jillian Michael's Wii games, but check with your doctor first on them.
    Biggest Loser is an alright game too.
    Wii Sports is a good game as well & gives you a workout while playing.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I do Wii Fit Plus almost daily. Started with Advanced step and now do Free step, Free run, boxing and some strength training. It was a really good start for me and I am still using it and there are more things on it I have not even used yet. I have read some of the MFP crowd also like EA Sports Active - and I just ordered it - EA Sports Active 2 (my Christmas gift). I also have Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatium 2010 and love it. Just Dance is OK - Just Dance 2 is a bit better. I have both. I have not yet used the Biggest Loser for Wii that I just picked up on sale. I just ordered Zumba for Wii and can't wait! I love Zumba class - and the DVD's. Occasionally I will put the Wii Sports in and play it - espcially when there is someone to play with.

I did buy an HRM and wear it to calculate calories burned. I do not find the Wii Fit Plus OR MFP very accurate. I have the Polar F6.

have fun!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    The dancing games are great. Dance party is fun. Wii sports is a lot of fun, too. You can buy the wii fit bundle to go with it. But you can just start out small and add to the collection as you go. Another cool thing about wii is that you can stream netflix movies to it. The price is included in your subscription. There are tons of exercise dvds to choose from to stream to. You can do this with a ps3 as well. I just bought cooking mama and am looking forward to the action on that one. Gotta mash those virtual potatoes. lol! Have fun!!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Wii Fit is great, and the Wii Sports also. I've bought a 4 inch platform for my Fit board that i use during the free step and also add hand weights and it increases my calorie burn a pretty good amount.
  • Amyliscious
    Amyliscious Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Active, on which you can do a 30 day type challenge and it mixes up some workouts for you. It's pretty good. I also have Wii Sports and Wii Fit (with the balance board) and they're fun to use. I've always loved Nintendo, so your kids will love the Wii, but I do love that the Wii encourages you to play more actively!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,013 Member
    Options
    I also have the wii fit plus and the wii sport and also the biggest loser. I love all of them but probably use the wii plus the most
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    All Wii fans here, so kill me guys, I'm on the PS3. :devil: I like it because it is a complete media hub for any home, plays blu-rays, etc. It did not had fitness titles before, but now they have started to appear, and I was thinking of getting the EA Sports Active 2, but will wait for some feedback.
  • lorabora7979
    Options
    I used to own EA Sports Active, it was a good workout! However, a fun way to get excercise, I suggest Just Dance 1 or 2. It may not be as difficult, but it sure is fun and you can play with 2 people, get your daughter to join in....
  • xojox
    xojox Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i LUUUUUUUURRRRRRRVVVVVE the just dance 2, i use it most days, sadly when the kids are in bed, cos its MINE!!!! mwhahahahaha

sorry did i just say that out loud??? :embarassed: lol x
  • nikapp13
    Options
    Ive got the Ea Sports Active.....i used to do it loads but my OH lost his job back in january and so has been home under my feet since then and complained if i went on it as its upstairs and sounded like a herd of elephants apparently. Anyway he started his new job today so im about to go and get started again... It really helped with the weight loss but ive gained everything i lost again now so really need to get myself back on track. Am really motivated again now though so hopefully i can lose weight and tone up.

You so lucky getting a little kitten i keep begging for one but my OH says no :-( as for christmasy names ---- snowflake, holly, twinkle, snowball, angel, missy (as in mistletoe).....noel, stevie (st stephens day 26th dec)....im sure you'll know once you see him/her what to call it :-)