Don't know what to title this thread...tired & disgusted com

Options
I'm tired of feeling sick. I'm tired of sabotaging myself with food. I'm tired of forcing that last bite of food even though I know I'm full and I know I'm on a path of self destruction. I'm tired of that bloated stomach ache and lethargic heaviness. I gained six pounds and it feels like sixty. No more pep talks and "this time I'm going to do it" mantras. This isn't a game anymore. I'm unhappy and full and nauseous and thoroughly disgusted. It's a matter of self preservation and quality of life. Game Over.

Replies

• AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Well, honey, you've come to THE RIGHT PLACE and are going to meet some GREAT people!!! You've taken your first step already. You've joined MFP. You are finally tired of hurting yourself. NOW it's time to really START OVER. Log those calories, drink your water. Eat right, work out. This is a lifestyle CHANGE for the BETTER. No more dieting. Now it's time to CHANGE. You don't have to "ease" into it. You just have to do it!!! Tomorrow, have a HEALTHY breakfast. Log it. See how you feel. Drink all of your water! Choose healthy snacks. You won't want to put that brownie in your mouth when you feel GOOD! The only way to motivate yourself to exercise is just to do it! Turn on some tunes, and get moving! You can DO THIS, and we are ALL here to support you!! :heart:
  • pinkarrow
    Options
    Yes, you're definitely in the right place with the right people! We're all here to support one another and we will go through your journey with you if you allow us! :)
  • macw1_2000
    macw1_2000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place!!! I have watched the scale creep up, made excuses for myself, done everything. This is the only thing right now that has worked for me. You Have friends that are here, encourage and keep you going. +This is the one place that I've found that I've stuck with and look forward to checking in.
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement! Diet is a four letter word. I need to learn that this is truly a life style change. It's always been feast or famine with me. I've never been good with moderation. I need to stop trying to make up my own rules and truly listen to my body and what it needs and what it doesn't need. Thanks again everyone. Sometimes it's hard to feel good when you're still suffering from the physical after effects of a bad binge, but I know I won't feel so lousy in the am and thus begins a new chance to make better choices!