Favorite salty snack ?!?

Options
2»

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Salted pistachios with the shell on-1/4 cup.

Yes and the shells slow you down so you are not just popping them in your mouth without thinking.
  • healthyNEWday4me
    Options
    Can you tell me exactly how you prepare these? Thanks. Sounds great!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    pretzels
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    If you look at the Frito Lay brand of seeds it states that 27g of kernels eaten with shells and seasoning is 1960mg sodium.

Holy cow. That is an eye opener.
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, Air popped topped with some olive oil (I have a hand pump sprayer that doesnt make the popcorn soggy) and a little salt thrown on, I also sometimes add some splenda as well for that kettle corn flavour.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I like pretzels of tomatoes with salt on them.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Sanck Factory Pretzel Chips. Mmmmmm...crispy!
  • beccasaur387
    beccasaur387 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Salt and vinegar pringles all the way! It's terrible but I only want them during that time of month.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions everyone, thanks! I will have to look into my pumpkin seed problem w/ the sodium, that is really killing me since I loveee them! And I do get the 100 calorie pringle packs as well. And I never really think of pickles but I do love em!! Thanks again!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    pop corn- I could eat 2-3 cups of unpopped kernals worth of popped corn. LOL
    Chips and salsa- I love tortilla chips.

pickles- also amazing.

hard pretzles- I can stop more easily- but I do love them- and I WILL put a hurting on them LOL
  • peanutbutter_runner
    peanutbutter_runner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cucumber slices dipped in salsa.
    Cottage cheese with a spoonful of salsa on top.

Salsa almost always fulfills my salty cravings. :)
  • elv1ra
    elv1ra Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    fyi, i like the tostitos multigrain rounds better than the regular corn ones. theyre saltier. and theyre smaller so i get 34 chips per serving and eat them nightly with tostitos salsa(the very best salsa in my opinion)
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Pretzels
    Cashews
    Pistacios
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time limiting myself to a reasonable portion of chips. And there are times I want to watch TV and just munch out of a big bowl without thinking, you know what I mean? So I have switched from potato chips to air popped popcorn. I can make it myself, or buy a light choice like Smartfood Delight white cheddar, or Trader Joe's light kettle corn (in individual serving bags), or their Reduced Guilt popcorn. With popcorn you get fiber, and you can sit there with a whole bowl (2.5-3 cups is a typical serving) and only eat about 150 calories. :-)

I'm eating light kettle corn right now.
  • DanielCathers
    DanielCathers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Beef broth

and sometimes

Chicharrones
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and pretzel sticks. To be honest I don't track sodium because it's never much of a problem for me, but I've cut back on adding it myself (salt shaker, you know).
  • Dregg
    Dregg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa, but I have to limit the amount of chips I eat.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to those of you saying you can't limit your chips, I know if I sat down with the bag things would get ugly quick! Since I've started fitnesspal I count my chips out and eat them out of a bowl. Have never tried the tostitos multi grain I'm gonna have to check that out!! I love popcorn but when I went to walmart I couldn't find a microwave one that peaked my interest nutritionally, and I don't really wanna cook my own popcorn bc I don't know how lol. My parents used to have a bad *kitten* popcorn machine, wish I had that now for some plain pcorn!