anybody want to do dressember with me?

Options
December 1st marks the beginning of 'Dressember' - the challenge for women (or the adventurous male) everywhere to shake up their wardrobe and try ditching the jeans and t-shirts.

We're aiming to wear dresses as often as possible - don't worry if it's not practical in the day, you can go for a skirt/top combo if needed, or have fun and dress up in the evening in that cocktail dress you never get to wear!

Im hoping this will give me a real confidence boost as just recently I have been dressing quite scruffy and it has been making me feel bad about myself (does anyone else get this?)

there is a facebook group for it where you can upload a piccy on the days you join in

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Dressember/125734977487362?v=info

Replies

• happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This is SUCH a nice idea!! I am such a girlie girl - and up until 3.5 years ago I didn't even own a pair of trousers! But then the company I joined is VERY casual - it's actually a clothing brand so we have to wear the gear to work too, which I thought was great (and it still is - saves you thinking of what to wear in the morning!!) but like you say, it does make you feel a little scruffy and "bleugh" just wearing hoodies, jeans and technical jackets everyday!

In the week I probably won't be able to join in (I work away a lot as well, so even most of the evenings are out I'm afraid) but weekend's I'm SO IN!!! :happy:
  • brockly25
    Options
    lol i had to read this and i dont think i going to goto a kilt any time soon lol but i have to say this

WOMAN LOOK SO PRETTY IN A DRESS ....

not saying they should be in them ..... but it looks lady like and look so beautiful when there in them :)

"and thats all i have to say about that "

" life is like a box of chocolate, you dont know what your going to get "

"but it look better in a pettie four" lol
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been in jeans and trainers which are actually my running shoes so now I am dusting off my boots

should also add that skirts are ok too :) which is good as there is only so many times I can create a new look with the same dress and I am also not very "girly girl"
  • mookiemoo
    mookiemoo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    its so cold in the uk ATM and we are due snow !!! which is almost unheard of before xmas so alot of us will just be changing in the evening into our dresses (well I will be some others are a bit more hardcore than me)
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    its so cold in the uk ATM and we are due snow !!! which is almost unheard of before xmas so alot of us will just be changing in the evening into our dresses (well I will be some others are a bit more hardcore than me)

Hehe, I am with you on that aspect too!! I was just thinking would I be terminally uncool to wear a lovely pretty dress with Ugg boots?? :laugh: Like you say, they predict - 10 degrees and 6 inches of snow tomorrow so it will be a little chilly!! Although I am working on events at the Sno!Zones all week, so I will be getting in the practice for the snowy weather...I'm afraid it's full ski gear though for that, no dresses on the slopes! :happy: