Back Again...

Options
Hello!

My name is Ali, I'm 19 and I weigh 180lbs. I'm 5'8 and have been everywhere from 220lbs-129lbs over the past 3 years.

I have been struggling to lose weight for years and after developing some very unhealthy habits and losing 90+lbs in 8 months, I regained most of it back to be 180lbs now.

I just feel so defeated, and I feel like I'm never going to get where I want to be.

The dream is 145lbs by christmas - that's 35lbs in 22 weeks or, 1.5lbs a week. I know I could do it and I want to do it but I can't stop slipping up! I eat great for a week or two weeks and lose 4-5lbs and then just binge it all away :(

Any advice, support or friends would be great!

Ali x

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with people who have done it. Add me for motivation!!!
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Reaching out for support is a great step!!

As for the binging, I haven't looked at your diary and hardly know anything about your eating habits, but I'm guessing you're over-restricting - not eating enough calories. My other thought is perhaps you aren't getting enough of a particular macro nutrient.

To really learn what your body needs takes time, patience, and some experimentation. That's where tracking is super important. In addition to tracking what foods I eat, I log how I"m feeling after my meals. This helps me identify foods that may not agree with me, or that trigger other behaviors, etc.

Good luck!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    First things first do you have your unhealthy habits under control? If not ....better get those in line first.

2nd...145 by christmas is a tall order, you need to lower your expectations or you will be right back in this mess you are in now.

1.5lb a week is not sustainable...esp with 35lbs to lose...more like 1lb a week...

If you eat "great" for a week or two then binge why? Is it because your calories are set too low? I suspect....that is it.

Advice...set reasonable goals...1lb a week is a good goal,
    don't give up foods you love/crave that just leads to binging and feeling bad because you just don't feel like you have the "self control" or "will power"...
    the goal should be to eat as much as you can and still lose a reasonable amount of weight.
    Log accurately and consistently so you know you are in a deficit..that means getting a food scale and weighing solids and measuring liquids.
  • MovingMellybug
    Options
    I'm back at it again, too.

I had gotten down to my goal weight last year, and then the doctor and I increased my dose of estrogen - all of the weight came back - 35 lbs. in just 8 months!

I agreed to do a Sprint Triathlon and have been training religiously for the past 14 weeks, and have not lost a SINGLE pound - in spite of eating decent (not great), and exercising between 4-7 days/week. I changed my dose a week ago back to where it was before, and lost 3 pounds in 4 days. I just signed back up for MFP this morning to help me track my eating habits and keep motivated to continue this weight loss.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • joaniej75
    joaniej75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm back again myself with 35-50 pounds to lose. I am happy if I lose a pound a week. Baby steps. I started back last week and slip up occasionally, but I get right back on track. Im training with C25k now...and hopefully will be able to run a 5k before long.

good luck