How did/will you celebrate 50 lbs lost?

Options
As I am currently nearing 50 lbs lost, I want to celebrate, but I am at a loss for how. What did you do, or what are you planning to do to celebrate?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i got a new watch. i needed one tho it was just an excuse to finally spend the money
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I should be hitting that milestone some time this fall, so I will "celebrate" by running my fourth marathon.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I gave all the clothes which became too big to charity and went shopping :-)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1361158-50-pounds-lost-and-my-first-shopping-trip
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I cleared out my closet. Haven't really bought many new ones yet, I still have some from 10 years ago which now fit me. So, I guess wearing my old clothes (which are lovely) is my celebration!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    50 lbs lost is my goal. I will be doing some shopping, and probably crying hysterically. It's been a long road!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I got my Phoenix feather tattoo. To me, it symbolized not only physical change but an inner fire and rebirth from my trials and accomplishments

r1ftr6.jpg
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    nothing yet...I did go on a vacation but that was not for the 50lbs...it was planned long before I joined here...

I had thought about a tat...just not sure which one I want yet and that will define where I get it...who knows...

for me it's reward enough that I am not in pain all the time and feeling blah.
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost 50 pounds I celebrated by gaining 20 back.
  • BellaDaniella928
    BellaDaniella928 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A spa day and a new outfit for myself
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I only have 5lbs till I hit the 50lb mark. I won't be "celebrating" until I lose my full 61lbs. It won't be a celebration as such, I'll just be buying essential new clothes. :smile:
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I'd go for the squat rack!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing :) Best feeling in the world. Some friends were worried that I gave away clothes that you never know what if I get big again....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN is what I say. Why have I worked hard to let it all come back. As of today I am 71 lbs down and yes I need more clothes.
  • watch_me_shinexo
    Options
    These are all really good ideas! I'm close to my 50lb mark :)
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Although 50lbs is my goal, I don't have a celebration planned.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely professional massage! Worth every penny!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    As I am currently nearing 50 lbs lost, I want to celebrate, but I am at a loss for how. What did you do, or what are you planning to do to celebrate?

Sex.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I've run 6 triathlons, 2 half marathons, a 10-miler and will be attempting a Half Ironman in September! Bought all sorts of fun toys to compete/play with :)
  • campdawson
    campdawson Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Shop, shop, and shop because being able to buy straight off the rack (not like Encore at Nordstrom or Salon Z at Saks) is a wonderful feeling.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I treated myself to an actifry at 50lb, now I can have chips and roast potatoes again. Hit my ugw of 56 and bought LOADs of clothes. 6lb left to my lgw (wriggle room)