I need friends!

saccarah
saccarah Posts: 6 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
:flowerforyou: Hi Everyone! I am a 36 year old nursing student, wife and mother of 2 boys, just trying to get my lifelong weight battle under control. I am doing this for my health and to be an educator for others. The problem is we eat out a lot and I have to make appropriate choices. That has proven hard to do. Its so embarrassing logging my food but I keep doing it! I'm hungry pretty much all the time and I don't really know why. I would love to just get to a weight that I feel comfortable in my own skin. Right now, I dont know what that is but I am plugging along day by day!

Replies

• clahut
    clahut Posts: 211 Member
    Hi there,

You just have to take it day as it comes and make the best choices that way.

Like you, I am doing this to improve my health (and help prevent other potential health issues in the future). I find the key to doing well is planning, but everyone is different. You will find what works for you as long as you stay committed.

I've sent a friend request too.:smile:

C
  • rjlam
    rjlam Posts: 149
    I hear you loud and clear. I too am doing this to improve my overall health and to feel better about myself. You need to be patient with yourself. The key to this is consistancy. Keep tracking what your eating. Yes, when eating out all the time it is difficult to make right choices but as long as you know that you are doing the best with what is there then that is all that matters. Remember you did not get the way you are overnight and it will not come off overnight. Keep in touch. I've sent you a friend request this way can motivate each other.
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    :flowerforyou: Hi Everyone! I am a 36 year old nursing student!

Well there's a 38 year old "Senior Nurse Practitioner" (Mental Health) here who'd be glad to add you as a friend!

:smile:

nice to meet you!

Neil.
  • natsjh
    natsjh Posts: 14
    Hi - I found it quite hard when I started logging all the food - esspecially when I realised how much I was eating!! However am used to it now, and now i have the app on my phone its so much easier! I actually put on a couple of pounds when I started which I was shocked with and felt so de-motivated as was eating so much less than normal, then i read a blog on here which explained it was just my body getting used to it, so I persevered and I have now lost 6lbs so far! wooo The support network on here is fab also and really encourgaing!

I've added you as a friend too!
  • I find if I have more protein then I'm not actually hungry as much. Easy protein sources for me are hard boiled eggs and of course protein shakes. I like the Body Fortress Advanced Whey Protein shake mix. You can get it at lots of places, including Walmart. It's inexpensive, tastes good, and mixes well. Good luck!
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Hi, I'm 31 who couldn't use more friends!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Good luck with finding your ideal weight :flowerforyou:
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Are you eating all your calories every day. You might try for a bigger breakfast so you avoid the starving all day feeling. That's what is working for me.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Welcome to MFP!!!:flowerforyou:

It helps me to drink a ton of water all day long..... alot of times I drink 10 - 12 glasses a day :drinker: ..... when you get the munchies walk around, find something to do..... I work all day so I walk the halls when I can at the Dr's Office I work at, I walk the steps up and down to the basement a few times.... I step on the scale (ouch- that changes my mind alot) I go in the bathroom and do wall pushups or other stretches..... I've even stood at the copy machine and done leg lifts!! lol
    keep your mind busy off of eating......... read fitness magazines or articles on the internet......

hope some of that is helpful......
    So glad you are here- and good for you going to college!!! :flowerforyou:
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Welcome to MFP ! even I found it hard in the beginning to cope with all the hunger, but slowly when I started to eat right, the calories fallen in line. Patience & being regular is the key, all the best !

Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • Wiitabax
    Wiitabax Posts: 284
    A bit rude of me earlier - forgot to add, I'm happy for ANYONE here to add me as a friend if they would like ANY support and motivation, plus a bit of 'jolly banter' with a guy with a great sense of humour (although as to 'great jokes' - the jury's out on that).

:laugh:

Don't know what my chum Lady Gaga'll say on the matter though, so thank goodness the photo of me and her is a spoof!

:laugh:

Have to say - this is a GREAT PLACE to meet online friends and the support REALLY does help!!!

:smile:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    add me if you like
This discussion has been closed.