Ready for the firing squad...I think

Options
Ok, so the scale isn't budging, but then again I have only been at this in earnest for 2 weeks now (for the 3rd year in a row, lol)

Would anyone care to take a peek at my log and give me some suggestions on what sort of bribery it will take to have the scale be a bit nicer to me in the future?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Log accurately.
    Weigh everything.
    Be patient.
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    patience and consistency. 2 weeks is a short time period
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You may need to be more accurate with what you enter in your diary. Instead of logging coffee w/ sugar, try logging each ingredient separately. If you don't have a food scale, use measuring cups and spoons, and if you do this, resist the temptation to cheat yourself by heaping or packing the food in to the utensil.

It's frustrating to not lose weight in two weeks, but I'm guessing you will see some scale movement soon. Good luck!

(Ignore all incoming starvation mode comments and "You're not eating enough." Forgetting about the debate for a second, if you've been at this for two weeks, it's not going to apply even if people believe it exists for the average person.)
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is nothing, give it more time. I saw some things logged - 1/2 a cup trail mix, 6.5 ravioli, 6 slices of cheese, 1 serving of korean beef - are you weighing this stuff?

I also see calorie burns up to nearly 600 and you're eating them back. Are they accurate burns?

These are all things to think about. You could also stand to eat more protein, but that's just my opinion.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Patience is key. Two weeks really isn't enough time , keep at it and see what happens.
    I did look at your diary, ( I personally feel like it's low and your not getting enough protein but that's just my opinion) are you weighing and measuring everything you consume??if not, get a food scale asap. Walmart has them for around 18$.
  • KseRz
    KseRz Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your current/goal weight are but your diary looks good. IMO If there was anything I would do it would be to increase your protein macro. 50g is okay but could be more....in fact you could double it if you wanted to 100g

Start small and add a protein shake (recommend optimum nutrition gold or something similar thats low in calories, packed with tons of protein and aminos (and also mixes well with just water)) or eat more chicken?

ETA: As others have said. Patience is key. We all didnt gain weight in 2 weeks. Its not going to come off in the same timeframe.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Your hydration could be increased. I used to be a scoffer at the 8 glasses/day. Not any more! Water is so vitally important to your body for all it's functions. It costs nothing and takes no extra time commitment other than more potty breaks.
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Yes, accurate measuring is a must. What you think is usually not true. You have to measure and weigh things so you can begin learning what the amounts look like. I've been doing this for 2yrs and I still measure and weigh things.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I agree that some of your calorie burns seem inflated. Also...I personally wouldn't log stuff like cleaning the house and cutting the grass. That's normal every day activities. Unless you were moving furniture, doing really heavy, hard cleaning...it's not exercise, it's just life.

Do you log everything? Your days look like you're eating pretty low calorie. So it looks like you're either waaay off on portion sizes or may be leaving things off here and there (intentionally or not). I think (unless you have an underlying medical condition) you're be losing weight if eating that much. But like everyone else said....it's only been too weeks.
  • kessler4130
    kessler4130 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I never eat back used calories, nor do I understand where these 1200 calorie macros come from, a female 45 years old, 5 ft tall at 150 pounds, exercising 3 times a week could cut weight on 1400+ calories, anyone taller, or heavier could cut weight at more. Hell I cut weight at 2600 calories like its nothing.

My suggestion, eat more food that is much less calorie dense, higher in micro nutrients, cardio 3 times a week, even if its just a 3 mile walk. Do not continue to eat back calories, not recklessly anyways. If I go over when cutting weight because I know I am going to go destroy legs or back, or have a supplemental gym session in the afternoon, I only extend my carbohydrates, cranking up fat while low on protein and high on carbs has no positive benefit. It looks like your choices in food over all are simply not the best and I am certain they are not accurately weighed.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, get a food scale and be honest about what you're eating. If you're not losing weight, you're doing one of two or both of the following: eating more than you think and/or burning fewer calories during exercise than you think.

Once people fix these two issues, weight loss happens.
  • thunderwoods
    thunderwoods Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

I do weigh everything, but get lazy and use the generic database entries instead of creating my own.

Water intake? Guilty as charged for not enough...

Thinking about a heart monitor - any suggestions?

Again, thank you for all of the input, I have some adjusting to do!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    The messages above have pretty much captured it. 2 weeks is not enough time - it took me about 2 months to really start logging accurately. A dead give away on accuracy for me is I did not see any condiments, no ketchup, mustard etc.

My Dietian applied a simple graphic for me. Divide your plate into quarters.
    1/2 of the plate is for Veggies / Fruit
    1/4 for protein
    1/4 for carbohydrates
    Meaning every meal should have a minimum of 3 components to it.
    Cereal / Fruit / Milk = 3
    Bread/Chicken breast/salad = 3 etc.

When I started this lifestyle change it seemed to be a slow agonizing process. Then I read the sexypants message ( link below ) , went out and bought a kitchen scale at Walmart and my portion sizes came down and accuracy went up = weight loss !!

Here's the link that has a lot of good material in it,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Have Patience it will happen.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Eat half of your exercise back instead of everything and see if that helps. My gut feeling is that the exercise calories are inflated.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I agree with alot of what the others have said. Try to drink water instead of other caloric drinks. Add more healthy veggies when you can. More healthy fats and protein and less carbs is how I've lost the weight... Just a suggestion.