Hello I'm New (ish)

Options
Hi

I was on MFP last year and managed to lose 13lb which I was really pleased about. Then various stresses happened and I managed to put it back on plus some more. We moved abroad 3 months ago so it has been difficult as I do not really know anybody here yet, but I am starting a university course in September and the uni has an awesome gym and classes so I am excited for that.

So I'm back! I have been eating and drinking way too much and the alcohol was having a negative effect on my relationship with my husband so I have decided to cut out the booze for the time being and am already starting to feel better (it's only been 5 days though so I don't want to speak too soon!) I have also cut out coffee as I would make a cafetiere of it for myself each morning and drink 3 mugs of the stuff, then snack on junk as I was depressed. I went out with my husband last weekend and I had too much to drink and woke up the next day with the usual feeling of a headache, plus another feeling that I had not experienced before. This was the feeling that I have to turn my life around and that nobody else can do this for me, only I can. I spent the entire day thinking about how to improve myself and how to be happier. I have not been sleeping well, get sweaty on a hot day because of the excess weight, and do not wear dresses or skirts or basically anything that reveals my legs, as well as my arms. And my thighs chaffe when I wear dresses too, which is lovely! So that day I decided enough was enough and here I am.

So, my stats are
1. Height 5'9 age 34
2. Weight Now 237 lb
3. Goal Weight 167 lb (this may go down, I will assess closer to the time)
MFP has set my calories to 1550 a day, and I eat back 1/2 of my exercise calories.

I have been logging my food since I have been back, plus weighing it also.

I am planning on doing C25K x3 a week, kettlebell DVD x2 a week, 30DS x3 a week. I also have 2 dogs that I take on separate walks for 30 mins in the morning and 20 in the afternoon.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you are supportive and/or looking for support :)

Any advice on my exercise/goal weight etc welcome!

Thank you

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Your calorie goals sounds ok. I think you might be pushing yourself a little hard with that much exercise right off from the start. Focus on one thing and committ to it and stick with it. Once you feel pretty good with that add in another. Don't forget rest days are just as important for improvement as training days are.

~Best wishes.
  • lemurwaffle
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I was thinking it may be a bit too much at first! I will take out the 30DS for the time being then and focus on C25K and kettlebells, plus 1 rest day.
  • WannaMoveAgain
    Options
    Hi - I guess I am new because I've been twice before and gave up both times. This time, I am using MFP while having cut out alcohol completely. We'll see how it goes.
  • lemurwaffle
    Options
    Yeah first time cutting out the alcohol for me too. Got friends here at the weekend so that will be an interesting test!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I was thinking it may be a bit too much at first! I will take out the 30DS for the time being then and focus on C25K and kettlebells, plus 1 rest day.

That sounds like a good plan. 30DS is a mix of cardio and resistance training together whereas c25k focuses on the cardio and the kettleball would primarily be resistance so you will still have a well rounded routine.
  • lemurwaffle
    Options
    And with the C25K I get to be outside whereas if I do 30DS and Kettlebell DVDs I would just be inside not being out in the sunshine and fresh air!
  • lemurwaffle
    Options
    I'm looking forward to this adventure!
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Hey girl. Welcome back. I have been on this journey off and on for about 4 years now. I have managed to lose about 50 lbs. I just started back up and looking to find some new friends. I stopped drinking alcohol 3 years ago and haven't looked back so I can defo help you on that aspect. Add me. :)