Anyone growing they're hair out uber long? :)

Options
Yasmine91
Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
I am trying to grow my hair out to tail bone length, ever since I cut my hair to shoulder length I have really missed my long hair :P

I think with the help of this healthy eating and excersise, I should achieve waist length hair within a year or so.

Are anyone elese out there trying this?

Replies

• estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have got really short hair, after having extensions, and really miss the long hair, so I am going to start growing it again. Got loads to go so will take me quite a while.

I cant wait for it to grow, but will have to be patient and get the dredded bad hair days!!

Good luck
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to grow my hair. My last cut was in January, around chin length. But my hair just grows REALLY slow. It's only JUST grown 4 inches! :noway:

But since exercising and changing my diet last April, I've noticed I'm losing a lot of hair by the root (I have really thick hair- but didn't notice so much before), but I've read around some threads that it's down to not enough protein in my diet. I've now started to take Collagen supplements to assist the nourishing of my hair. And maybe get nice skin and nails while I'm at it :wink:
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have semi long hair already...but would love for it to be longer. And I'm thinking of growing out my bangs to be the same length as the rest of my hair...because I've been cutting my own bangs lately (I know...ghetto...but so much cheaper)...but now my boyfriend keeps saying my bangs look like a combover...lol...so they need to go...haha.
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Do beards count? :happy:
  • sandyvanderstelt
    Options
    ya! my hair is just to the bottom of my boobs right now :) and i am growing out as long as i can!!
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to tail bone length, I think I would be happy with just above my belly button so that it's right below my boob when dry (it's really curly so I think that would be a good length). Right now it's at my armpit so I think I'm probably about 18-24 months away from where I want to be. There's some that needs to cut from where I used to color it but I've just been letting it go a little at a time with trims about every 6 months.

This is the longest it's been since High School (which was about 20 years ago).

I have to admit that I am finding it really frustrating when I get it hung on a piece of excercise equipment and all the frequent washing from workouts but it's the price we pay.

I think the weight and the hair are coming along nicely and should all be about were I want it at the same time (and just in time for my 20th year reunion).

So thanks for the reminder that this is all going to worth it so I can be where I want to be. !!!

Eva
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it.
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    Thinking about it.

giggles.....

I am growing mine out too...not all one length though....layers and not uber long. :flowerforyou:
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I'm growing mine out. It's about 6 inches above my butt (I'm tall, 5'10") right now. It will definitely be waist length by the time I reach my goal weight as my hair grows SUPER fast.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to grow mine to my elbows... it just doesnt like to grow much longer than it is now (arm-pit length). Is there anything to help it grow longer? I get it trimmed every month and a half to two months to try and keep it has healthy as I can.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I've always wanted to grow mine to my elbows... it just doesnt like to grow much longer than it is now (arm-pit length). Is there anything to help it grow longer? I get it trimmed every month and a half to two months to try and keep it has healthy as I can.

I don't cut mine, at all, for like, a year at time, easily.
    I also don't straighten or blow dry it, ever.
    It grows super fast and is really thick.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Mine hangs right about to my bra strap in back. I get frustrated, because when I sit, it of course gets caught between my body and the back of the chair. Then I go to turn my head, and I look like an excited dog on a leash, getting yanked back. Anybody else have this problem? This is as long as it gets for me, because I can't stand the feeling! lol Usually I keep my hair just below my shoulders.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    My hair is tail-bone length :laugh: but I want to get a trim! I haven't had a trim in over a year, and have gotten very few split ends, but I want to trim it anyway :tongue: I also have the problem of losing a lot of hair recently :indifferent: At first I thought it was stress, but maybe lack of protein? I am pretty fail at the whole being healthy thing :frown:
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it.

giggles.....

I am growing mine out too...not all one length though....layers and not uber long. :flowerforyou:

We know how I feel about that.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I had mine to my bum, but I got married last year and I was panicked about what to do with it, and so had it cut a bit to my waist, and then to my bra strap, then after the Wedding I got it cut to shoulder length and now I have it back down to my bra strap again, but at 44 I dread being an old lady with the long witchy hair (my daughters phrase) and I am considering getting it cut again. hmmmm what to do!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm letting mine grow out but not sure how long yet. Right now it's just barely below shoulder length. I know older women are supposed to wear their hair short but I don't care. I'll grown it down to my butt if I have a notion to. :laugh: If I live long enough that is. My hair is growing pretty slowly now. :ohwell:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    mine used to be down to my butt (pic in my profile). I used to get caught on it all the time, leaning my own elbow on it in bed trying to sit up...ugh. I never felt like I had any hair style, I just had length. I eventually got sick of it. Now I have long layers and I cant believe it took me this long to love and enjoy layers!

If you want to grow it, the nicest things you can do for your hair are: no color, toss out your blow dryer and any other heat tools. Detangle before you enter the shower. Use the uber-rich for damaged hair conditioner (whether yours is damaged or not). Detangle wet hair slowly with a wide tooth comb. Air dry.

I don't miss all the upkeep...I used to say having loooong hair is like having a pet.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :tongue: LOL............I lost a bunch of weight and stopped cutting my hair in my bob style...............ppl tell me my hair is gorgeous. It just occured to me it is because of the healthy foods I eat!!

It is fun to style and great in a pony tail when I want it out of my way.

have fun!:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    mine used to be down to my butt (pic in my profile). I used to get caught on it all the time, leaning my own elbow on it in bed trying to sit up...ugh. I never felt like I had any hair style, I just had length. I eventually got sick of it. Now I have long layers and I cant believe it took me this long to love and enjoy layers!

If you want to grow it, the nicest things you can do for your hair are: no color, toss out your blow dryer and any other heat tools. Detangle before you enter the shower. Use the uber-rich for damaged hair conditioner (whether yours is damaged or not). Detangle wet hair slowly with a wide tooth comb. Air dry.

I don't miss all the upkeep...I used to say having loooong hair is like having a pet.

That is a great analogy! :laugh: I have to have the roots colored 1x month. Expensive and timely........but I have long layers now and LOVE it!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

What?! No hair color! Oh forget that then! If I don't color my hair, it'll be completely gray then I WILL look old. :noway: