I am so sick of seeing THAT number on Tuesdays.....

Options
Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:noway:
177 on the scale AGAIN this week............... its not budging at all............. up an ounce, down an ounce.............. Grrrrrrrrrrr! :explode:

Yes I am grateful that its not going up...... but come on... I'm working my butt off here....... LITERALLY!!
I know my body is changing doing bootcamp and walking/running...... I pulled out my size Med scrubs instead of size Large for work.... and Med's fit!! :drinker:
Maybe I need to stay off the scale for awhile..... but how will I ever reach my goals for Christmas if the scale doesn't move!! :sad:

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Your body is shifting. Stick with it, change up your exercise. It will budge soon. :happy:
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I'm going through the same exact thing. Have you tried taking your inches to see if you've lost anything? That's what I've figured out is going on with me.
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    ya, I measure every couple of weeks or so, and I know I'm losing inches, and that is awesome.....
    but my goal was 170 for Christmas..... thats 7lbs!! feels like 17 the way I'm going..... I switched from step areobics at night to bootcamp in the morning...... I knew I wouldn't lose weight as fast as I was.... but I didnt' know it would just stop! lol I am just starting jillians 30 day shred too.... I've done it 3 times. Kicked my butt!! I am not able to walk in the evenings like I was due to time change and its pitch black out when I get home now..... =(
    So we will see....... =)
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It may be time for a cleanse. I prefer a monthly fast (just one day and I include the pray part of it). But I find it resets my body and really helps to give me the kick/boost I need.

I know it's frustrating. Hang in there.

Eva
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Awww Stac, I feel your pain. I know how hard you work and try and fit in as much exercise as you can, so know how frustrating this must be for you. At least when my scale doesnt move I know its because I had too much wine over the weekend :laugh:

The only thing I can think of is that you are in muscle toning mode. This is when your muscles start to repair and tone and you gain weight as the muscle is more dense than fat. You are still losing fat, but you can't see it on he scale, but you CAN see in in inches lost :bigsmile: I imagine Boot camp is different to step as it is more toning than cardio? Also, you've cut out walking so that is even less cardio. And the shred is more muscle toning too? So really, you have switched your whole regime from a fat burning cardio workout, to a muscle toning workout. This is a good thing, but I would definitely expect to see different results, ie more inch loss, less weight loss.

Another thought:

Are you counting your burn accurately with bootcamp? Perhaps you're over estimating and eating too many calories? Perhaps cut back by 100 or 200 cals?

I've read somewhere on here that when you are in muscle toning mode and calorie deficit, the muscles can only get so much tone before it stops. Then you will lose weight again. But it might take 6 weeks.

If I were you, I would reset your goal to an inch loss one so you dont become too dispondent. Or increase your cardio again?

Good luck hun. Either way, you are doing GREAT!! And you will be ever so grateful for your increased muscle mass when you get down to size. No saggy skin!! Just a lovely frame to hang it on!!! :bigsmile:
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    We all sympathize. Plateauing is the most difficult aspect of exercising. You're working hard at the gym and eating right, but the scale dosn't budge. Makes you want to throw a hissy fit.*LOL* The main thing is to just keep working at it. I think when I plateau, I'm going to try zig-zagging for a week just to shock my body into submission.:-)

Shannon