What's your "official" weigh day?

Options

Replies

• Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings, but I can't help myself and will weigh in every day.

But Sundays are the days I record. It helps me start my week right.
  • He1loKitty
    He1loKitty Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and log when I hit a new low weight. I inevitably go up a few ounces, or even a pound or two, thereafter but am motivated to get back down and below the lowest weight.
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, at the same time. I have a FitBit Aria scale so it auto updates MFP and tracks my progress. Well worth the investment.

I've looked at that scale a few times... so EVERY time you weight it syncs with MFP?
  • thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Tuesday morning-skinny. It is my Saturday, and seemed the best day. I also take several measurements to track my progress as well.
  • panther1911
    Options
    monday morning

i figure its the start of a new week.

wake up, use the restroom, and then weigh in
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day Monday-Fridat, and just record the new lowest weight whenever it happens.

Interesting method... I think I'd drive myself crazy by doing that
    It doesn't bother me when I see my weight go up, so it's not a problem.

tumblr_n8wv3slvwL1rlwqngo1_1280.jpg

There's an example of my weigh ins. There's only 4 columns cos for this period I was only weighing 4 times a week. (cos only going to gym 4 times a week)
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. If i see a low number on the scale, i usually wait until i hit it two or three days in a row before i record it. That way i avoid just hit a low in a fluctation and taking a while to actually get to that weight again. But once i've seen the same number for a couple of days, i record it and move on :)
  • jennybinney1987
    jennybinney1987 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thursday cuz that's the day I started on. I couldn't wait till sunday to start. I figured if I start today ill b 3 days closer to my goal
  • mikebooker1
    mikebooker1 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day Monday-Fridat, and just record the new lowest weight whenever it happens.

Interesting method... I think I'd drive myself crazy by doing that
    It doesn't bother me when I see my weight go up, so it's not a problem.

tumblr_n8wv3slvwL1rlwqngo1_1280.jpg

There's an example of my weigh ins. There's only 4 columns cos for this period I was only weighing 4 times a week. (cos only going to gym 4 times a week)

wow... secretly I'm a data geek so this is actually pretty impressive
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Monday morning, because Sat/Sun are my rest days. So excess water retention from weigh training should start to go down, which gives you a more accurate number.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday but official weigh in day is Friday. I pick that day because there is a greater chance I will be away on the weekend or will indulge in a high cal /sodium meal on the weekend
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and track it in an app on my tablet, but for MFP I only update on Wednesdays. I started on January 1, which was a Wednesday this year :smile:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    wow... secretly I'm a data geek so this is actually pretty impressive
    If you can deal with it mentally, I do think it's the best way to track your progress. And at the end, you get to make some cool-*kitten* graphs.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Every day. I know there will be fluctuations, but I like having all of the "data points."
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Every morning at 6:15 am. Every day is official weigh day.
  • happypenguin13
    happypenguin13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My official weigh day is Monday morning, helps me keep myself in check over the weekend. I do weigh everyday though just out of pure curiosity. I don't let the fluctuations everyday get me off track so far its been working for me.
  • Jim1960
    Jim1960 Posts: 194
    Options
    7am

The only official days are prescribed by various motivation/competition groups I'm involved with. Right now I have three. One wants weights on Friday; one on Saturday; and one on Monday.

Besides, I like to see the fluctuations. I use tools to see the trend so I can see on a week by week / month by month basis if the trend is good. Seeing the fluctuations is helping me understand how my body handles water and what its cycles are. So now when I gain 5 pounds (from yesterday) - I KNOW it's not fat. No way was that fat. The only explanation is that it's water. So I don't fret over it.

I'm also seeing patterns. Steady periods of no loss followed by dramatic losses. I don't understand them; but I do see them. So when I'm in a short plateau - I don't fret. I know I've been there before; and so long as I'm doing what I should day by day - I know that a nice surprise is waiting for me at the end.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What's yours and why?

Every day is an "official" weigh day. First thing in the morning after taking care of bodily business.

Because I want real time knowledge, and it's easier to stay disciplined on the eating front.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Used to weigh daily .. but now, only Monday's first thing. It just becomes too obsessive .. and right now just wanting to make sure I am not going off the rails. Mainly interested in body fat % / muscle mass % anyways.
  • BlueLadyBug22
    BlueLadyBug22 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Friday, first thing in the AM.