daily caloric intake

Options
Hey all,

I am aware that excercising obviously aids majorly in weight-loss, but my question is: if I comsume my daily calorie allowance (without going over) and DO NOT excerise, will I still lose wieght? Or will that just maintain my weight....

Thanks!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    if your daily calorie allowance is less that your TDEE, then yes
  • mommy22alyns
    mommy22alyns Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will lose. I have. Sorry, but I despise exercising!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I am aware that excercising obviously aids majorly in weight-loss, but my question is: if I comsume my daily calorie allowance (without going over) and DO NOT excerise, will I still lose wieght? Or will that just maintain my weight....

Thanks!

If you set up MFP correctly than eating at the calorie goal will result in losing approximately however much weight per week (0.5-2lbs) that you told MFP you want to lose.

Exercise actually doesn't help all that much with weight loss. Sure you can eat a few hundred extra calories and still lose weight, but the majority of your calorie burn is going to come from what you do outside of exercise.

Exercise has major health benefits though. Resistance/Strength training can help reduce the loss of lean mass while losing weight. This generally results in losing more inches than weight on the scale (more inches lost = smaller clothes/smaller body). Cardio has all sorts of health benefits: improved cardiovascular health for example.
  • yasdnyl
    yasdnyl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I do exercise quite regularly, was just curious if I took a few days off and ate my calorie allowance, if that would still help me to lose weight or if it's just maintaining.

Thanks again!