Outlander

Options
2»

Replies

• LesliemarieAZ
    LesliemarieAZ Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think I've read through book 6 or 7 which was everything published at the time. I haven't started up again because I kept wanting to stick it in the freezer - to use a Friend's reference. (The episode where Rachel let Joey borrow Little Woman and he wasn't sure Beth was going to get better so they stuck it in the freezer)

Knowing there are people who are different parts of the series in the forum, so not to give anything away - will I keep wanting to stick the book in the freezer?

I'm almost at the end of book 6 and so far, there isn't anything going on that would warrant a freezer. But now I'm nervous! :frown:
    (and excellent Friends reference - lol)
  • LesliemarieAZ
    Options
    The books were awesome. I just hope they do they story justice. It's sad when great books get cheap budgets. Sword of Truth series is a perfect example. Looking forward to catch up on this series though.

Did you see the first episode? I thought they did a really good job of following the book, at least so far. A lot of the dialogue came straight from the book.
  • LesliemarieAZ
    Options
    I don't have Starz, so very excited that they have it online!

I don't have Starz either and I'm pretty sure they only have the 1st episode online. We will need to figure something else out if we want to see the rest of them :ohwell:
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    There were parts in Book 3 (I think?) that made me want to stick it in the freezer. I never did, but thought of what I would have to move to fit in there around that time. So if you can handle that you'll be fine.
    I think I've read through book 6 or 7 which was everything published at the time. I haven't started up again because I kept wanting to stick it in the freezer - to use a Friend's reference. (The episode where Rachel let Joey borrow Little Woman and he wasn't sure Beth was going to get better so they stuck it in the freezer)

Knowing there are people who are different parts of the series in the forum, so not to give anything away - will I keep wanting to stick the book in the freezer?

I'm almost at the end of book 6 and so far, there isn't anything going on that would warrant a freezer. But now I'm nervous! :frown:
    (and excellent Friends reference - lol)
  • LesliemarieAZ
    Options
    There were parts in Book 3 (I think?) that made me want to stick it in the freezer. I never did, but thought of what I would have to move to fit in there around that time. So if you can handle that you'll be fine.

Oh yeah there have definitely been some stressful moments! I've lost a few hours of sleep from reading this series.
  • oOoBLUEoOo
    Options
    tumblr_n9ypizeQ6D1tigiiko1_500.gif

I really wish I had Starz. The first episode they posted free on the website was such a tease. Grrrr :cry:
  • LesliemarieAZ
    Options
    tumblr_n9ypizeQ6D1tigiiko1_500.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now I'm laughing out loud in my cubicle. Thank you for that!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    So far so good. The only quibble I have is the look of Claire. The books made such a big thing about her tawny hair and gold colored eyes and the actress is much too dark. They did a really good job casting Black Jack Randall. Dougal isn't how I pictured him but I can live with it.
  • KimchiKiller
    KimchiKiller Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've read all the books, too, and LOVE them! Had to order Starz on Friday (luckily got 3 months free promotion through Directv), and was so enthralled with the first episode Saturday night. Can't wait for the next one! I'm a little iffy on the actor playing Frank/Black Jack Randall, but I'm willing to give him a chance. Just pictured someone darker & smaller, oh well. But I love Jamie & Claire, so excited about this series!!!!!!
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Loved the first episode! Looking forward to the whole season, can't wait to see more of Jamie and Claire together!! :)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I typed Outlander into the search and found this thread. I know it's old but wanted to know what everyone thinks of the series now that it has been out for a while? I LOVE IT. I have all of my friends hooked now and starting on the books.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I have only seen a couple episodes then we got rid of Starz. I hated that Claire's eye are blue in the show, since her eye color played such a big part in the books and to her character. I'm a long time reader of the books. I've read them 7x now. Well I actually listened to the audio books. I don't know if I can wait another 8 years for her next book!! I actually have a Dinna Fash Sasenach shirt.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of the books here. Watching the first episode of the 2nd "season" tonight!
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I have only seen a couple episodes then we got rid of Starz. I hated that Claire's eye are blue in the show, since her eye color played such a big part in the books and to her character. I'm a long time reader of the books. I've read them 7x now. Well I actually listened to the audio books. I don't know if I can wait another 8 years for her next book!! I actually have a Dinna Fash Sasenach shirt.

I want a Clan Fraser shirt!
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    Huge fan of the books here. Watching the first episode of the 2nd "season" tonight!

Oooh, you're in for a treat!
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I've read all the books several times and I watch all of them free of xbox media centre. You can always buy them for $3 on itunes. The first episode back from winter hiatus was reallly good!