Slow weight loss

Options
My weight loss is so slow :( recently it has only been 2lb a month, I would expect at least 1lb a week. I've got another 30lbs to lose. My TDEE is 2000 and I am eating 1300-1400 calories a day.

Replies

• t_shipp1
    t_shipp1 Posts: 19
    Options
    If you're only eating 1300-1400 then you may be stalling your metabolism a bit.
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If you're only eating 1300-1400 then you may be stalling your metabolism a bit.

Nahh

Are you sure you are weighing your foods, and logging accurately?
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yup logging absolutely everything accurately. Not sure what I am doing wrong, so frustrating, but I guess it's still going in the right direction.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing either you are under-estimating calories eaten or over-estimating TDEE. Do you have any medical issues that would decrease RMR (thyroid, medications, etc.)?

Is your activity level correct? For example, I have mine set to sedentary and have a Fitbit with negative calorie adjustments turned on in MFP. There are a lot of days where I lose calories even though it is set to sedentary - MFP is optimistic as to what that means, I guess.

For example... today I went to work at 7:30 a.m. and have a desk job. I'm heading home in a few minutes. I will eat dinner and then work on homework (I'm also a FT student) until around 10-11pm. I KNOW I will lose some calories due to having less activity than what MFP considers "sedentary" because I'm spending all my waking hours at a computer.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Tell me about the days you only log 200-300 calories. What's up with those? Did you not log the rest of your food that day? Or did you really only eat 300?
  • invisiblelo
    invisiblelo Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think those days where there are only 200-300 were right at the beginning when I started logging and didn't add things properly. The last 2 months have been logged properly and accurately.

Nope, no medical issues, borderline on thyroid, but not enough to treat. I know MFP over estimates calories burned, I have a very active job, on my feet walking for 8 hours, but I only log 2 of those hours on MFP.

I can stay the same weight for about 3 weeks, and then drop 2lbs and keep it off. That is generally the pattern I have noticed with my weight loss.

It would be lovely to see a loss on the scales week after week but I guess it just doesn't happen like that.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    :love: 5 foods to never eat, When you are dieting!
    [link snipped]

Nope.