Average cost for a personal trainer

Options
2»

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    What I have learned from this thread: move out of Los Angeles. Everything is crazy expensive here.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'm not using a trainer anymore but when I was, mine charged $100 an hour. I only paid $75 an hour though because I am friends with her son. :smile:
  • girlytechphd
    Options
    It depends on where you live but I know the studio where I work out does personal training and will have deals when you buy multiple sessions. For example they are doing one where you get 10 one hour sessions for 50 dollars each session. You pay 500 dollars up front but you have 10 sessions. It's a good deal for the area (medium sized city). Good luck. It is so worth it!
  • aplenter
    aplenter Posts: 1
    Options
    Hiya, I'm a trainer in Toronto Canada and my rates are between 85 to 100 a session. Like many said it does depend on the experiance of the trainer and where you live. Since I have over 15 years of fitness under my belt, have won numerous fitness shows and have trained over 1000 clients including fitness competitors, my rates are higher than average. In Toronto an average personal trainer cost is about 70$. I would personally recommend really doing your research and asking your trainer for client results and testimonials. Otherwise, even 25$ an hour is a waste of money.
    Good luck :)
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    sucks for all of you. 20 bucks per hour in my area
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm in NJ in the NYC Metro area, so I think we are a bit high. I pay $50 an hour for a trainer who comes to my office. She charges some of her other clients $60, depending on their location.

At the gym I used to go to (NY Sports Club), it was more like $75 or $80 for a one-hour session, depending on the package.

I go to NYSC and they're up to about $90/hr. Down to $80 if you sign up for a block of sessions. That on top of the membership fee is too much for me. In New York City, everything is expensive..
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    PT from Australia here.
    $60 an hour (cheaper for 2 on 1 sessions)

We have higher wages and living costs than Americans though.

I personally think that for anyone with a gym membership and "some" idea on exercise form the online training is the way to go. I do that as well and it's much more affordable for people and I believe I can provide a much better service. It isn't for everyone though. I actually wrote an article on that already. http://cdnutritionandfitness.com/services/what-is-the-value-of-an-online-nutrition-and-exercise-coach/
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    They are about 50.00 an hour where I am from which I could not afford :) I opted to join a crossfit gym where everyone motivates you they teach you how to do the workouts :) It's much more cost effective here about 150.00 a month. I still get 1 on 1 when I need it and there are people who are there to help you if you feel motivated or don't understand. :) Its a hell of a work out too :)